New Nevermore album - TGE

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I'm sure this is thread #17 on the This Godless Endeavor probably but who cares. :loco:

OK, so not being a huge Nevermore fan to begin with (I recognize their talent no doubt), I accept that "Born (The Retribution of Spiritual Sickness" is a phenomenal song. As is, "Sentient 6". The former could even be top 3 songs of the year, that's how much I love it, especially with those EVIL DEAD effects on the verse line vocals. :heh:

With that said, the rest of the album though falls into the same trap I've always encountered with the band, it's all too "same same". Jeff Loomis is a guitar god no doubt, but for fucks sake, throw some emotion in once in a while. He's like a computer. (I do like his Yngwie classical stuff he's throwing in there though).

Loomis gives Romeo a run for his money.

And Dane...that chorus on "Born..." is just phenomenal. Why can't he sing a melodious section on all the songs? You can lift that man's vocals from one track and simply throw them on to any random Nevermore song. It's like he sings in one teeny range and probably demands Loomis to write in that specific key.

Go from track 1 to track 2 and you sense an immediate loss of creativity. "Final Product" as a song is just boring as hell. Quite amazing how they either hit the jackpot or miss completely.

Album = hit and miss so I'd give it a 6/10. (And I've been listening to it a lot lately so this isn't something I just made up on one listen. :loco: )

P.S. I think the *songs* on Enemies of Reality are better. More 'song oriented' IMO.

:Spin:

all these bands are in my "pay no mind" folder :loco:

you had decades to do something phenomenal and you are still stomping the same grounds ... blah

cthulufhtagn said:
is this guy for real, did i miss something?

No I'm an illusion. [/Sarcasm]

Here's a pic of me at the last gig they had in Boston.

fans2.jpg

Don't get me wrong...i THINK unDerGround metal is the shitzzels aswell. I love mitt pitting to Children of Bodom!

I'm sorry if I haven't introduced myself. My name is Dwayne. I play bass for a slipknot cover band called "Maggatorium".

My inspirations are

Slipknot
Children of Bodom
and Trapt

I hope all you maggots can be my friends!!!! :wave:

Haven't heard new Opeth.

New Arch Enemy blows chunks. Seriously, it is just boring drivel. In fact, it's shocking as to how bored the band sounds, you literally come out of the listening experience wanting your 30 minutes of life back. Granted I've only listened to it once, but my goat, there is nothing in there that makes me want to go back.

Re: Nevermore, I guarantee every fanboy in the world will love the new album. Everyone else will ignore the band, there's very little middleground when it comes to Nevermore, or so it seems....also, why quality of production became more important than songwriting in the Nevermore world is beyond me. Polished sound means squat if you can't hold the listener's attention.

Well, I'm not a fanboy, and neither do I dislike the band, so I thought my opinions would be pretty fair and constructive...ho hum.

EDIT: Oh he was talking about AE...ok, I was talking about Nevermore.

Re: Arch Enemy, I stand by my opinion, and I liked Anthems of Rebellion and Wages of Sin more than the Livva era. So ho hum again. :loco: