New Nevermore album - TGE

I'm not a massive nevermore fan, but dead heart in a dead world, dreaming neon black and the s/t album are some of my favourite albums to listen to (in a certain mood I get in)... however, after listening to thenew album 3 or 4 times, both when i'm in my nevermore mood and in my regular listening mood, it just didn't.... it lacked.... i dunno... something isn't there and it's an ok album, but hardly an album of the year to me. but i'll keep trying to find what you guys are seeing.

well for zod's sake i hope they never release a shit album, it's such a huge let down when your all time favorite band releases something crap. :erk:

of course i wouldn't know, since tool only releases perfect 10/10 buy or die albums. :loco:

One Inch Man said:
but i can't find my promo copy and haven't bought the actual album so maybe i'm wrong. :loco:

Do you want mine? I can give it to you for my 35th birthday present. :loco: Oh but you'll have to be here to pick it up! :D

That does it! You're getting the Mastodon in the mail now!! It's the nice deluxe edition too.

Haha, you like hardcore and thinks it will save heavy metal. :loco:

I don't think there's a weak track on the new Nevermore, though I have seen a few people recommend the album by saying that Final Product is the least impressive...there's some truth there (Sell My Heart would be my least favorite, nice song but a bit of DNB retread), though it's still a solid track with one of Loomis' best solos. As for the absence of criticism from their fans, I think that's owed more to them not putting out any obvious duds (the EOR debacle excepted) than blind loyalty...

I think the new Nevermore album is great, but I still think Enemies of Reality is better. I do agree that Born is probably the best song Nevermore ever wrote.

JK . . . have you heard Dreaming Neon Black? That one seems way more up your alley than anything else Nevermore has done.

Anyway . . . this thread is getting random. I like it.

here's some randomness....every band mentioned in this thread blows. I'm with lurch, these bands are in the "when I'm bored and have money to burn, I'll check 'em out" folder. (never heard YOB, though)

:D

J. said:
here's some randomness....every band mentioned in this thread blows. I'm with lurch, these bands are in the "when I'm bored and have money to burn, I'll check 'em out" folder. (never heard YOB, though)

:D

Here, do yourself a favor:

Go to http://www.stonerrock.com/

Them go to MP3 Jukebox, and go back about 3 pages and find the song "Quantum Mystic." Download.Listen.Cum. Song of the Year.