Nevermore - TGE

the_satanic_rabbit

Return of Ganon
Oct 30, 2002
Twin Cities, MN
www.omwresearch.com
I can't believe there isn't more buzz about this. This album absolutely kicks ass in every way. It is heavy as hell, but still has a wonderful sense of melody. I think Andy Sneap really helps by making sense of everything that is going on musically. They really missed him on enemies of reality.

If you don't have this yet, you must get it, it's absolutely superb...the best "traditional metal" that can be bought today.

It's pretty good. I can see why some people are in awe of this record, but somehow the songwriting doesn't do it for me. But the first track and the last two are definately among the best songs they've written. I will get flamed for this, but Enemies of Reality is my favorite Nevermore album. The original Kelly Gray mix that is. I thought the crystal clear Andy Sneap remix missed the power they had on the original. I know the remix sounds better, but does it really sound better?

I liked the Kelly Gray mix too, I don't see what the big deal was, the production was very thick and sludgy and gave it a really heavy sound, with that being said though, I'm glad Sneap produced TGE.

karelrulez said:
It's pretty good. I can see why some people are in awe of this record, but somehow the songwriting doesn't do it for me. But the first track and the last two are definately among the best songs they've written. I will get flamed for this, but Enemies of Reality is my favorite Nevermore album. The original Kelly Gray mix that is. I thought the crystal clear Andy Sneap remix missed the power they had on the original. I know the remix sounds better, but does it really sound better?

I could see why you like the original mix better. Certain parts of the remix sound like nails on a chalkboard at times because I'm so used to how it sounded before, like the chorus in the title track or the intro to I, Voyager. Some of the songs sound amazing remixed, like Ambivalent. I like how the remix sounds cleaner; better enunciated is a lame way of putting it but I'm sure you get the idea. Back on topic, TGE is awesome and I love it.

It definitely is a terrific album. Unfortunately I missed them due to lame ticketmaster and their incorrect printing of tickets. The show started at 4:50, not 6pm. Next time I will double check.

This Godless Endeavor is a great album (as I stated before), but I really miss the Neil Kernon mixes. They had such a thick atmospheric sound. While Sneap is great at accentuating each instrument, his mixes sound a bit sterile.