new Norwegian BM documentary

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
a must see 5 part video series shot this year in Norway, partly about the scene but mostly about Ghaal from Gorgoroth.

http://www.vbs.tv/player.php (serach for "norwegian" to get all episodes)

worthy of a discussion after watching it.

Part 5 in particular is rather fascinating and ironic with what he says about the scene and what happens with the film crew.

also worth checking out on the same site he HEAVY METAL IN BAGHDAD ...
coupled with metal its a fascinating look into the city and how it operates.
its creepy just watching it ...

hahaha I didn't watch the whole of it, just that last part... but man, hilarious.

"This is fucking stupid! We're jeopordizing the whole film for this!"

YOU ARE SO NOT METAL

that guy is a PUSSY

i would shit my pants if he wanted me to hike up a mountain with him. (in a good way)

edit: did my player fuck up or did he really sit there without blinking for like three minutes?

Yeah, he does that. I thought my player fucked up also, but then I saw that the candle in the background was moving.

Then he takes a drink from his glass of wine and then it's over.

the irony of what he says earlier though ... the sheep following someone blindly ... :lol:
if anyhting ... the "pussy" guy is the most metal

fascinating character study ... but Ghaal is a master manipulator, not different than the very people he preaches against.

Each and every one of those guys would suck Gaahl's cock if presented the opportunity
and they probably did in turns.

fascinating character study ... but Ghaal is a master manipulator, not different than the very people he preaches against.
True, just notice how.. infatuated those fellas got

not sure about the rest of the crew but Peter Beste is the real deal and I am sure hardly impressed with trappings of the scene / Ghaal ... he has been documenting it for ages. Met the guy at one of his exhibits in NYC.
www.peterbeste.com ... judging from his photographic style, he might have filmed this doc ... great atmosphere created

That was awesome. I can't believe he doesn't have a toilet or electricity. That house way up on top of the mountain that belonged to his grandparents was insane. Plus, that last scene is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

That documentary, for what it was, was actually much better than I thought it would be. The documenters themselves seemed to be too distant from the subject of the film though, like outsiders who really didn't belong, as demonstrated by their interviews of themselves. If anything, the visuals complemented the tone and atmosphere well. I feel like listening to some Burzum or Enslaved.

I checked this few days ago (the last part yesterday) and I really liked it. I got Nocturno Culto's DVD yesterday and that was utter shit compared to this.

So now that you've seen the documentary, go listen to Gorgoroth. Ad majorem sathanas gloriam for instance.