New Official Winds Forum

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
Hello you Opeth fans!

Not exactly Opeth related news I have to announce, but since I know we share a lot of the same fans (although maybe not all of them), we are none the less happy to announce that Winds now has a new official forum hosted on www.theendrecords.com

It can be found by going to The End’s site and then clicking on label, and then forums from the top navigation bar, and then by clicking on Winds under the official band forums heading. Alternately it can be found by clicking directly on the following link:

http://www.theendrecords.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28

We would like to invite you all to come and check it out.

The band members, Carl, Lars, Hellhammer and myself, tend to visit the new official forum regularly, so stop on by, read or post messages, etc.

And if you haven't done so already, check out our MySpace which includes mp3's etc:

www.myspace.com/windsrocks

Regards,
Andy Winter

Andy Winter said:
Hello you Opeth fans!

Not exactly Opeth related news I have to announce, but since I know we share a lot of the same fans (although maybe not all of them), we are none the less happy to announce that Winds now has a new official forum hosted on www.theendrecords.com

It can be found by going to The End’s site and then clicking on label, and then forums from the top navigation bar, and then by clicking on Winds under the official band forums heading. Alternately it can be found by clicking directly on the following link:

http://www.theendrecords.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28

We would like to invite you all to come and check it out.

The band members, Carl, Lars, Hellhammer and myself, tend to visit the new official forum regularly, so stop on by, read or post messages, etc.

And if you haven't done so already, check out our MySpace which includes mp3's etc:

www.myspace.com/windsrocks

Regards,
Andy Winter
Winds? Who is this guy?

Liquid Diamonds said:
Winds are a classically influenced progressive metal band. Think... not that heavy, with cool lead guitars, lots of piano and a string quartet. Absolutely fantastic IMO.

Thanks for the nice word. Much appreciated!

Regards,
Andy

Andy Winter said:
Thanks for the nice word. Much appreciated!

Regards,
Andy

No worries man, it's all true :)
I can't wait for the new album. I keep reading that I should expect something really special from Lars on this one, so I'm dying to hear that. I think his voice is really good anyway. Different to other metal vocalists. And I'm extremely curious to know who the 'special guests' are going to be. I think that might give the record an even more unique flavour. Any idea when we can expect the record to be released?

I guess we are still a little unknown among the big masses of crowds.
Anyway, we have put out 3 albums already and are working on the 4th one.

Also for those who are more interested they can go to our website:

www.winds.ws

Where there is lots of info, mp3, discography, bios, etc.

Probably a lot of people know some of our previous work with other bands. Carl August Tidemann used to play in Arcturus, and Hellhammer of course, everyone knows already. Lars has done lots of bands before, from black metal to folk music, but the most known is probably Khold. As for myself, I have another band called Age of Silence where I write the music and Lazare from Solefald / Borknagar sings and writes the lyrics.

Just to give some background info for the curious!

Cheers,
Andy

I love Age of Silence. I've been meaning to get a couple of Winds cd's for a while now.

-Vintersorg- said:
If I visit your forum, will you give me a free CD?

I would if I'd have any left to give out, but I already gave away all the copies I received so I have none left to give I'm afraid.

If you go to The End's mail order www.theendrecords.com you can buy it for less money than it costs to have dinner for two at McDonald's.

CD's are really cheap in the USA compared to Norway for instance, where the retail price for a CD is close to 30 bucks.

Regards,
Andy