New Official Winds Forum

-Vintersorg- said:

Bands usually don't get that many copies of their own CD's in the first place, and except one that I kept for myself, I gave out the rest to friends and fans.

Also I get e-mails every now and then about people asking if they can buy a signed copy of the album from me directly, which they can't, cause it is in fact true that I have none left.

Andy

Hello Andy. Let me start off saying that I think "The Imaginary Direction of Time" is a masterpiece and you guys are very gifted musicians/songwriters. I was just wondering if you plan to make another solo album. I have "Shades of Light through Black and White" and it is a great album, but do you plan on releasing another solo album which is a little longer in length/time?

Also, I have heard that Mikael Akerfeldt was asked to guest or join Winds at some point (don't know if this is just a rumor though) so can you tell us Winds/Opeth fans that if he will have anything to do with the new Winds album? That would be awesome because I feel his clean vocals would definitely fit into the Winds style and the type of music that you play.

Definitely looking forward to the next Winds album....Thanks for you're time.

Some Guy said:
Hello Andy. Let me start off saying that I think "The Imaginary Direction of Time" is a masterpiece and you guys are very gifted musicians/songwriters. I was just wondering if you plan to make another solo album. I have "Shades of Light through Black and White" and it is a great album, but do you plan on releasing another solo album which is a little longer in length/time?

Also, I have heard that Mikael Akerfeldt was asked to guest or join Winds at some point (don't know if this is just a rumor though) so can you tell us Winds/Opeth fans that if he will have anything to do with the new Winds album? That would be awesome because I feel his clean vocals would definitely fit into the Winds style and the type of music that you play.

Definitely looking forward to the next Winds album....Thanks for you're time.

Hi there!

Thanks for the nice comments. First off I'm happy to say that I do plan to make another solo album, but as far as when, that is more difficult to say. If and when I do make another one, it will definitely be longer in playing time than the ep was. At the time I did "Shades of light... that was all I had time to rehearse before recording it, so that's why it is somewhat short.

As far as Mikael is concerned, I really like his voice too and he is probably among my top 3 favorite singers of all time. It would be a pleasure to work with him sometime, but he is not in our plans for the next Winds, and I can therefore only assume that we are not in his plans either.

But we will have some great guest singers on the new Winds anyway, so even without Mikael it should be worth checking out ;)

-Vintersorg- said:
^'Sall good man, I was joking.

Keep up the good work, in any case. Winds are producing some good shit.

Nice to know we are in agreement! Otherwise I'd have to give the REAL Vintersorg a call and tell him that you are a discredit to his name! ;)

Andy

Liquid Diamonds said:
I can't wait to hear who the 2 guests are going to be. It's so exciting... :)

It will be a surprise for sure!

A hint, one of them is the singer of one of Mikael's favorite bands...
(let the speculation begin)