"Winds." ~ anyone actually heard it?

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
Didn't really know where to place this topic, so considering Opeth has so many hits in their forums, I thought it would be appropriate to do so here.

So, has anyone heard the new "WINDS" album? What are they like? What kind of music do they play? Anything!!!! I must know a few reactions people are getting from this CD...I am planning on making a purchase (normally, I would dl a few songs but considering my location, I am unable to do so at this point in time.)

I have heard about them in the Travis Smith forum, and saw the incredible cover for their debut album...that was enough to strike my interest.

i really like them but i have to be in the right mood to really appreciate that kind of music :)
it's progressive metal with classic touch... ouch, veery hard to describe. much pianos, and cellos but also crunchy riffs and stuff.
you can get a full mp3 song on www.theendrecords.com

i've heard 'reasons desire' of the new album and i like it

i think they're style is basically classical style heavyish riffs going into classical and then back metal riffs

Originally posted by Frost of the sanctum
Yes they rule, And Jan axel von Bloomberg is in that band so they kick ass! *-*

AKA Hellhammer
(in case someone didn't know... but then I'd really have to kick your ass!)

I think Shakermaker's description is nice

Reflections of the I took a few listens for me to get into, but now I absolutely love it. Very technical and progressive which is what I like, and lest I forget to mention Hellhammer, hard to go wrong with him in a project.

I went into my local metal shop with the idea of buying the new Hypocrisy cd. I asked the guy, who I know pretty well, how good it was. He said "It sucks!" So I said, whats the best cd you've heard lately, he said "Winds, hands down." So I bought it. He was right, it is fantastic. Progressive black with amazing guitars and drums, cool vocals and lyrics, very original and creative and mesmerising, HIGHLY recomended. Also, the domestic (US) version contains their previous ep as bonus tracks. I believe these are their only two releases.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
You also need to go back to the shop and get that Hypocrisy album, because it's very good :D

I really don't like it....It's a far cry from their Self-titled and other classics.....going to see them on Wed. though, so we'll see....