Opeth Devil Worshippers?

ConradFord

New Metal Member
Mar 7, 2007
Now believe me, I know that is an untrue statement so dont get mad. I made this thread because I do not know how to respond when people say this to me(and a few people have). The reason being that I heard something about their ghost reverie album having something to do with christianity and the devil.

This has made me unsure about how to respond because I am not well informed on the meaning of the album. So does anyone know of any real relevance or meaning between the album and christianity/satanism. I would like to know, and would also like to better explain it to the people asking about it. Thanks.

-Huge Fan, eagerly waiting for the next album.:loco:

Akerfeldt is merely interested in ideas of the occult. Opeth are Atheists, and Ghost Reveries, for most of the songs, has a concept based around an occult theme. The band are not religious at all.. And that includes Satanism of any sort.

Tell them it's simply a good storyline behind an equally good album.

I just cant picture mike inbetween writing songs like "isolation years" and feeding his doughter going into his back room with his whitesnake collection praying to satan.

n501995239_111178_6219.jpg

In conclusion, Opeth aint Satanists. Mike occasionally jokes about it, though, since they *are* a death metal band, and Satanism/Christian-bashing is pretty much the most overused metal cliche ever.

A little off topic, but I find it hilarious when "metal headz" and other "rebels" claim that they worship Satan and hail him and hate God and Christianity for all its stands.
The reason I find it funny is that Satan was created by the church to scare the "pagans" away from what they believed. If you believe in Satan, you believe in Christianity and propagate its ignorant existence.

Yes, Mike sits in front of a throne of blood and mountain of skulls giving thanks to satan each day.. Good god..

That would actually be pretty cool. :lol:

akercocke

Are Akercocke really Satanists? I don't know anything about them apart from having seen that video of them being interviewed on the Irish TV show, and they didn't seem to convey any kind of seriousness about their beliefs at all there.