• Sleep of No Dreaming

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • The Wounded Enigma

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Somber Illusions

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Hannu Mutanen

On the other hand, the band may not be this analytical. I think I need some sleep...

Sure, but mere sleep ain't gonna help you enough in this. You need to go to change your sex - don't worry, it's an easy operation nowadays. :p

But I must say I like the way you think - "Dead Swans Flouting" is also strange-enough a name to fit Opeth. But wasn't "My Arms, Your Hearse" also taken from some line on some song by some obscure 70's prog-band..?

-Villain

Some people haven' t realized that the majority of the suggested titles are taken from other bands' song titles *on purpose* .... and I think a lot of them could actually fit as an Opeth CD title. The problem is, as long as you don't know what it's gonna be, it's not gonna feel like Opeth. Once Opeth calls an album, for instance, "Hi we are Opeth and we play with each other at night", the fans have to accept the title as a true Opeth title. Therefore, any title is as good as the other, whether it's "Dead Swans Floating" or "The Slaphappy Metalhead"....

...and, I know it's my own suggestion, but don't you think "Wing and a Prayer" would be a nice Opeth album title? I imagine their sixth album as a cross between 'Orchid' and 'Blackwater Park': heavy, dark, well produced, yet with the progressive style of 'Orchid'...lyrically, the album would be a touch more hopeful, but not completely - the final track would be their most aggressive track as yet, shaming even 'Demon of the Fall'... mmm I'm kind of on a daydream trip here....