Opeth Devil Worshippers?

Yeah, well when you think about it, all religion and science is man made, but that doesn't really mean that either is correct or incorrect, and there's certain things you can look at that suggest that they can co-exist and often times even correlate and intertwine with themselves.

Some people have the idea that scientists are all athiests and that the ones that aren't are bias and shouldn't be allowed to practice withing the scientific community, but there's evidence that suggests that there are unknown factors in the universe such as electricity, dark matter, and.... GOD *gasp* now what anybody beleives is truly of no consequence at the end of the day, because nothing of what anybody on the planet in the history of mankind believes about life, death, the afterlife, and the great nothingness that is claimed awaits us all has EVER been proven.

I myself don't beleive either argument based simply on the fact that there are no facts. If there's a God and heaven, awesome, i hope they let me play guitar if i go there, if there's a Devil and Hell, awesome i hope they let me play guitar if i go there, if there's nothing, then i'll never know and it won't matter.

Personally though, i kinda hope there is something after, because it would be pretty sweet when you think about it. Imagine Heaven was real and you got to go there, and you could jam with Randy, Jimi, Dime, and Cliff, talk modal theory with beethoven, shred while paganini plays violin, and create mad harmonies with Schuldiner.

It would be pretty awesome, and i don't think anyone can deny that.
Athiests beleive there's no God, no afterlife, nothing after you die. That may be true also. Who knows? they sure as hell don't, because if they did there would be no religion in the world. And what makes them smarter than the average Christian or Jew? nothing.
Alot of them base their beleifs on scientific principles, but there's no scientific evidence that denies the existence of a supreme deity or spiritual realm, there's only theory, and theory alone means NOTHING. Athiests... beleive what you want, but YOU ARE NOT SCIENTISTS!!!

Nobody has the answers, and as far as i can tell, nobody ever will. There's so much fucking bullshit happening in the world, and has happened in the world since people could walk and grunt at the same time, about religion, God, and the whole deal, but nobody knows. Athiests versus religion, religion versus religion, and what for? at the end of the day it solves nothing and causes more conflict, which ultimately will cause the human race to collapse and destroy itself, which is where the theistic satanists come into play... because they will claim that it is the work of their supreme ruler Lucifer, but, like all people warped by their own sickening beleifs, they'll be all but too ignorant that it was themselves and every other person on this planet that caused it to happen. And i for one don't wanna be around when it does, whether i'm in Heaven, Hell, or the great black unknown, atleast i know i won't have to put up with anymore shit.

Oh man... I'd love to tear this apart, but it would just turn into a giant offtopic debate that would probably get the thread locked. You should come here and start some shit. :heh:

Suffice it to say, for now, that just because there are multiple views on something does not automatically mean that all those views are of equal validity. And as far as validity goes, the idea of a god is pretty much in the same ballpark as unicorns, fairies, and flying spaghetti monsters.

People try to apply this logic to everything else, there's all this "creation" around us so there must be a "creator", well isn't the "creator" a "creation" too? So who created the "creator"? That's called 'circular reasoning'....and it's fucking retarded :p

Also a great point.

Yeah, well when you think about it, all religion and science is man made, but that doesn't really mean that either is correct or incorrect, and there's certain things you can look at that suggest that they can co-exist and often times even correlate and intertwine with themselves.

Some people have the idea that scientists are all athiests and that the ones that aren't are bias and shouldn't be allowed to practice withing the scientific community, but there's evidence that suggests that there are unknown factors in the universe such as electricity, dark matter, and.... GOD *gasp* now what anybody beleives is truly of no consequence at the end of the day, because nothing of what anybody on the planet in the history of mankind believes about life, death, the afterlife, and the great nothingness that is claimed awaits us all has EVER been proven.

I myself don't beleive either argument based simply on the fact that there are no facts. If there's a God and heaven, awesome, i hope they let me play guitar if i go there, if there's a Devil and Hell, awesome i hope they let me play guitar if i go there, if there's nothing, then i'll never know and it won't matter.

Personally though, i kinda hope there is something after, because it would be pretty sweet when you think about it. Imagine Heaven was real and you got to go there, and you could jam with Randy, Jimi, Dime, and Cliff, talk modal theory with beethoven, shred while paganini plays violin, and create mad harmonies with Schuldiner.

It would be pretty awesome, and i don't think anyone can deny that.
Athiests beleive there's no God, no afterlife, nothing after you die. That may be true also. Who knows? they sure as hell don't, because if they did there would be no religion in the world. And what makes them smarter than the average Christian or Jew? nothing.
Alot of them base their beleifs on scientific principles, but there's no scientific evidence that denies the existence of a supreme deity or spiritual realm, there's only theory, and theory alone means NOTHING. Athiests... beleive what you want, but YOU ARE NOT SCIENTISTS!!!

Nobody has the answers, and as far as i can tell, nobody ever will. There's so much fucking bullshit happening in the world, and has happened in the world since people could walk and grunt at the same time, about religion, God, and the whole deal, but nobody knows. Athiests versus religion, religion versus religion, and what for? at the end of the day it solves nothing and causes more conflict, which ultimately will cause the human race to collapse and destroy itself, which is where the theistic satanists come into play... because they will claim that it is the work of their supreme ruler Lucifer, but, like all people warped by their own sickening beleifs, they'll be all but too ignorant that it was themselves and every other person on this planet that caused it to happen. And i for one don't wanna be around when it does, whether i'm in Heaven, Hell, or the great black unknown, atleast i know i won't have to put up with anymore shit.

I think that religion is a creation of humanity to repel the idea of death. Humans are the only creatures who are aware of they're own mortality (to our knowledge) and this has profound psychological on the psyche. This leads to ideas that form out of irrational thinking - for example - you realise you are going to die, so you look for ways around this problem, this leads to the idea of an afterlife where your soul (which is another argument in itself - how do we prove the existence of the soul) lives on for all eternity. Taking the example of Christianity or Judaism, you believe that the afterlife is governed by a supreme being who is eternal without beginning or end. This defies scientific reasoning (as everything is the consequence of something else so what is "God" the consequence of - basically "God" is a convenient end to an endless stream of consequence. Right I'm done. Time for some Opeth.

This is becoming a religious/theological stuff topic.
That sounds strange on metal bands' board.
But sometimes things are as good as strange..

^you haven't been here long.

WV is a good state. I don't care if its the only state losing population, more oxygen for me! I'd like to go back some time.

where are these famed devil worshippers that fundies are always bitching about? the devil is nothing but a reactionary "evil" brought about by christianity, and it'd be pretty dumb to worship a deity that only exists in a religion where it leads to eternal damnation. all of those "satanists" are just guys who ideologically believe in putting self in front of anything else, it's not very twisted or perverted, but i guess you can let the fabled red goat man with horns scare you away from kickass music

A little off topic, but I find it hilarious when "metal headz" and other "rebels" claim that they worship Satan and hail him and hate God and Christianity for all its stands.
The reason I find it funny is that Satan was created by the church to scare the "pagans" away from what they believed. If you believe in Satan, you believe in Christianity and propagate its ignorant existence.
qfttttt
the 'devil worshipping lol!' is just a fun way to spite them

^you haven't been here long.

WV is a good state. I don't care if its the only state losing population, more oxygen for me! I'd like to go back some time.

Yeah WV is a pretty sweet state, I don't care if we're losing population either, the only people who really do are the governor and his crew. D-bags changed our state motto from "Wild and Wonderful" to "Open for Business", that's what you see when you come here :erk: I don't live near them but the mountains are pretty intense, and our metal scene is actually pretty wicked :headbang:

lol wow what happened to my post, people get crazy off topic on these things. funny to read though. When people tell me opeth is a bunch of devil worshippers now i just say........shut up. its too much work to go on a rant. take it easy

If you guys like to read check out "The Holy" by Daniel Quinn. Offers a very good perspective on the whole God/Devil thing. NO, its not like that fool Dan Brown who creates conspiracies about everything. This is a GOOD story.

None of you guys seem to know anything at all about Satanism.
Satanism is not devil worshipping, does not involve animal sacrifice or raping virgins, and no Satanist I've ever known has a throne of blood or a mountain of skulls. What a naive and stupid idea. Stop reading tabloid newspapers.
This entire thread comes across as if it was written by a bunch of 14 year olds, who don't know shit. I expected better from metal fans who should be used to being tarred with this idiotic brush.

Grow up, and if you want to speak about a subject, try to know your subject at least a little. And yes Akercocke are "real" Satanists. It doesn't mean what you all clearly think it means. Not as glamorous, or dangerous, or evil I'm afraid.

Satanism is not devil worshipping, does not involve animal sacrifice or raping virgins, and no Satanist I've ever known has a throne of blood or a mountain of skulls. What a naive and stupid idea. Stop reading tabloid newspapers.
This entire thread comes across as if it was written by a bunch of 14 year olds, who don't know shit. I expected better from metal fans who should be used to being tarred with this idiotic brush.

Grow up, and if you want to speak about a subject, try to know your subject at least a little. And yes Akercocke are "real" Satanists. It doesn't mean what you all clearly think it means. Not as glamorous, or dangerous, or evil I'm afraid.

I admit I don't know a ton about the subject, but from what I've read, Satanism is more of a way-of-life and an outlook on life, rather than worship of an actual entity. I believe real "satanists" discount the idea of a "devil", as the devil is the product of Christian beliefs, which they completely oppose. It's about living your life according to what YOU believe, and not being a slave to the common mindset. Yes?

I admit I don't know a ton about the subject, but from what I've read, Satanism is more of a way-of-life and an outlook on life, rather than worship of an actual entity. I believe real "satanists" discount the idea of a "devil", as the devil is the product of Christian beliefs, which they completely oppose. It's about living your life according to what YOU believe, and not being a slave to the common mindset. Yes?

Yes, pretty much. It's quite possible Opeth could be termed Satanists, without involving anything illegal or even what most of us here would term "evil".
In fact - most people on this board, if they read through the Satanic Bible, would probably be shocked at how much of it they actually already agree with or follow.

I'd like to have a throne of blood and a mountain of skulls....that's just badass.

I'm strongly opposed to religions of any kind but there are some things about real Satanism that I do agree with. If there's a religion I might consider "following" in the slightest it would be Thelema, simply because of the lifestyle ideas. Crowley said it best, "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law". And I think it's awesome how instead of saying grace before meals Thelemites say "will", where you pretty much say "I'm gonna eat this food because I'm fucking hungry, and the only person I should be thanking for it is the person who cooked it, and if I cooked it....well then I kick ass." But they had to go and put all those funny little gods and such with it, lol.

They just call it Satanism because Satan is cool. :kickass: