new,old new&old Katatonia

old, new or both old&new Katatonia, which do u prefere?

• old

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • new

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • old and new

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
I thought it was interesting to see what the majority of fans preferes, old, new Katatonia or both?

i got into katatonia thru tonights decision and lfdgd but then i got discouraged ones, BMD, dance of december souls and some of the eps and i liked them just as much! :D

yeah i was gonna start this again (for about the 10th time :D ) after Blakkheims comments on the re-release thread.

my first album was TD, then LFDGD, i had BMD and i remember i was obsessed with the beginning riff of Brave and the song Tomb Of Insomnia, but i never really got into it as much as the clean vocals stuff, it was always like i wanna listen to katatonia, but which...and clean almost always won.

once i'd got to listen to the albums fully i started liking the old stuff more, and now i love both styles a lot. when i listen to BMD i ALWAYS at least play it all the way through twice, i cant take it out my cd player its so good, and i just have to have it on repeat.

all i can say about the 2 styles is that im glad it all worked out how it did, at the end of the day when all the albums are great how can there be any complaints.

Opeth - Forest of october live at the underworld 2001

Not a bad poll, that.

I chose 'new'. I love the old style and everything (BMD being an all time classic), but so far I haven't found anything I prefer more than Last Fair Deal Gone Down. I then added Tonight's Decision and the new stuff had it.

I voted new, even tho I don't mind the old stuff either, well from what I have heard, I only have LFDGD and DoDS, I prefer LFDGD tho. Hope I get my TD this week.