To what degree do you like Katatonia (or don't you?)

For boredom's sake, here are some varying degrees....

• My all time favourite band!

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • They're up there in the top 2 or 3

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Very good, but not a favourite

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Enjoy them once in a while

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dislike them, especially Brave Murder Day!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
I thought it would be rather interesting to see just where Katatonia stands in the eyes of the fans...

Brave Murder Day is in the top 50 of best albums of all time and Dance of December Souls is quite near too. The rest are good listens but nothing more.

Sounds of Decay and For Funerals To Come are excellent too but they aren't full albums.

At the moment they are my favourite band, I hope I won't change my mind when their next album comes out.

Katatonia is second behind Opeth... my opinion seems to be held by a lot of Opeth/Katatonia fans I know, or the other way around (Katatonia followed by Opeth). If it wasn't for Mikael Akerfeldt being on Brave Murder Day, I don't think I would ever have even heard of Katatonia... but I love all of Katatonia's albums now!! BMD is in my top 5 all-time favorite albums... Hey, that gives me an idea for a new thread... ;)

From what I've heard so far, they become my favorite band some times... like when i'm feeling depressed and all.. Whenever i feel like this katatonia and sentenced are my two first choices

They are my second all time favourite band, along with Children of Bodom. I know they are different, but these two bands mean something really really special for me. Perhaps a bit more Katatonia, because the incredible feeling of their songs.

And oh God..... what can I say about Brave Murder Day? It´s my all time favourite album (along with Metallica´s "Ride the Lighting").

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
Currently at #3, where they have been for about 5 years, behind Anathema and MDB :D
Actually, I just decided last night, this has now changed. Well, Katatonia are still #3, and MDB are still #1, but Bolt Thrower is now #2. I've been listening to them alot lately, and have come to the conclusion that, oh my god I fucking love Bolt Thrower.

OK, you can all carry on now :D