New Onslaught album revealed

Artwork is cool, the title is... to the point :lol: Nige and Sy have been keeping me in the loop with this so hopefully I'll be able to let you know how awesome it is before too long. Sy is playing two tracks on his radio show this Friday.

Sy says he has some more high singing on this album too, and Nige tells me that it's "the same leap from Sounds of Violence that Killing Peace took". If that's the case, they've written the best album ever.

Sorry, it's two songs on TOMORROW'S show. However, they premiered Children of the Sand today and it's bloody good. Everything's justified and carefully thought out, though the only compaints I had was the overuse of middle eastern-esque chanty stuff throughout (save it for the intro) and the solo feeling like it went on slightly longer than it needed to. 8/10 for that song, but I'm not going to judge the entire album off that one song like everyone else seemed to.

It's really, really good. I've been listening to it a fair bit this weekend and I'm loving it. Especially Children of the Sand and 66’Fucking’6 :kickass:

...it's an improved version of Sounds Of Violence. I can already see the parallels. Intro + Born For War > Intro + Chaos is King, 66fucking6 > Code Black, Children Of The Sand > Antitheist, etc etc.

To be blunt, it's REALLY good but I'll take the latest Gama Bomb and MAYBE Crisix over this. Also waiting on Warbringer's new one, but that's beside the point.

Fun fact: Chaos Is King is a prequel to Code Black.

There's nothing wrong with being an 'improved' version of Sounds of Violence, considering the fact that such an idea is absolutely mindboggling to begin with.

Fun fact: Chaos Is King is a prequel to Code Black.

There's nothing wrong with being an 'improved' version of Sounds of Violence, considering the fact that such an idea is absolutely mindboggling to begin with.

I noticed that! Quite liked it.

And there is nothing wrong with it being improved, its just that when i went through the whole album, it kinda just felt like their last release with slightly better songwriting so I felt a little underwhelming. Also, you guys needed someone to have a different opinion on the album, so I opted. :p

66 fucking 6/10. :lol:

I actually liked it a lot but I don't think it's anything revolutionary. But then again, when was the last time anyone heard anything revolutionary in thrash? Outer Isolation, maybe? That was 2011...

Outer Isolation wasn't revolutionary. Good, definitely. Different from everything else that was coming out from thrash bands at that point, pretty much. But revolutionary is pushing it OTT :lol:

I can see that. Maybe revolutionary isn't the right word for it. It certainly was something out of the ordinary.

Revolutionary would be something like Enter The Grave which opened the floodgates to the new wave of shitty retro-thrash. :p

...it's an improved version of Sounds Of Violence. I can already see the parallels. Intro + Born For War > Intro + Chaos is King, 66fucking6 > Code Black, Children Of The Sand > Antitheist, etc etc.

To be blunt, it's REALLY good but I'll take the latest Gama Bomb and MAYBE Crisix over this. Also waiting on Warbringer's new one, but that's beside the point.

Good call on the new Gama Bomb. :headbang: Kind of a down year for thrash in my opinion. New ones from Gama Bomb, Onslaught and Sodom make my top three though. Like you I have high hopes for the new Warbringer album. I'm also looking forward to the new ones from Death Angel, Toxic Holocaust and Skeletonwitch.