New Mastodon album title and cover revealed

Breaking the mould musically. Listen to what's actually going on in the music. Cos I'd call that ambitious.

This. These guys do it over and over again, and always make it work brilliantly. That's what makes them such a great band. They incorporate new ideas and do it seamlessly. Listen to that riffage, groovy as hell. Good to hear more vocals from Brann too, sounding nice. The production is sounding really good too, the drums sound nice and meaty. Couldn't be more stoked and surprised at the same time.

Full song. I seriously love this band.. so fucking much. I feel very sorry for you if you don't enjoy this, cause it's hitting my Groove spot and causing multiple eargasms. Doesn't cease to amaze me that this is getting bullshit 'sellout' claims by ignorant, closed-minded listeners, but I'm glad they're going to get even more recognition, they seriously deserve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, it's a huge departure as always and I can see how it's hard to swallow for some people used to the old shit. I love the groove of the song, and the atmosphere from 1:52 onwards sounds crazy good.

Beat me to it. :p Yeah man, fucking awesome. Anyone who doesn't like Curl should enjoy this one a lot more. Got a Chuck Schuldiner vibe from Troy, especially :56 to 1:02. My jaw dropped at 1:45, Brent dropped a bit of Thin Lizzy in there beautifully. Solid song.

I'm glad they're keeping them short and to the point. Their epics work really well and are amazing, but this album just seems fun. Blasteroids especially. "I wanna drink some fuckin blood!!!!!"