New Opeth album cover.

He's saying he can't do metal any more, which is fair enough. But shouldn't he be starting a band with a different name? To change your sound so drastically while still using the same name seems a bit of a joke to me.
People EXPECT to hear metal on an Opeth record, call it something else.

Opeth is saying a big fuck you to all the metalheadz. They are basically saying fuck off! To all the assholes that hate Opeth, just fuck off lol. It could also mean when you die you will wake in hell with your ears glued open with nothing but endless Opeth songs blasting in your ears until the blood gushes eternally.

Or AIDS is contracted.
He's saying he can't do metal any more, which is fair enough. But shouldn't he be starting a band with a different name? To change your sound so drastically while still using the same name seems a bit of a joke to me.
People EXPECT to hear metal on an Opeth record, call it something else.

Like Morbid Angel, rite

I actually kind of like the cover, and it's cool that he's paying tribute to 70s rock bands with it, although it would be better without the stupid looking heads.

Edit:Just realized I already said that, oh well.

Also, fuck you to whoever said Uriah Heep has shitty covers, this album cover fucking rules.
uriah_heep_-_the_magicians_birthday_a.jpg

^ Only listened to it two times so far, so I don't know what to think about the song yet.

Really like the sound and the production though. Both make me think of King Crimson, and perhaps it's about time Opeth started sounding more openly like them, since they've been glancing in that direction their whole careers anyway.

Haha, I listened to it. The first minute was promising, the riff was alright. Then the faggot started to sing (I mean, what the fuck was that?) and then they tried to "progress". So yeah, typical Opeth bullshit faggotry. Such an "intelligent progressive metal band". I have to say though, that the main riff is alright and they probably did a good thing by not trying to push the growls in it. It used to be just "a clean riff here", then a growl and pseudo-death metal part here" for 6 minutes. This is cleaner, now it actually starts making sense. Not that they ever played metal.

Shit guitar tone, recycled vocal lines, the multiple changeups are gone, no death growls, weak guitar solo and dumb lyrics. It's like the skeleton of Opeth with no meat on the bones.

I feel like I have already heard this material before, and it seems Akerfeldt has finally run out of ideas. I am sure tho the mainstream pop audience will enjoy this Opeth more than the classic Opeth.

Shit guitar tone, recycled vocal lines, the multiple changeups are gone, no death growls, weak guitar solo and dumb lyrics. It's like the skeleton of Opeth with no meat on the bones.

I feel like I have already heard this material before, and it seems Akerfeldt has finally run out of ideas. I am sure tho the mainstream pop audience will enjoy this Opeth more than the classic Opeth.

That sums it up surprisingly well. It's shit.

I got used to the idea that the album would be different, and was actually looking forward to a very 70s, Uriah Heep/Camel/whatever feel to it, but chucking in those shitty metal parts ruins things. It'd be better to just leave it out.

Listened to the song and just disconnected after the first minute. Then there was silence and I was like hey, it's already over.

So, will listen to the album, but not expecting much from it.