New Opeth album cover.

I've tried to objectively relate to the Opeth hate, but I really don't get it.

I can understand the hate directed towards alot of the fans but not towards the band. So I'm with you on that one. I guess any band with more than 1 million scrobbles on last.fm and an active website related to the band that isn't myspace is popular and therefore completely terrible.

no_haters-6784.gif

I think it would be fine without the heads in the tree. That said, I don't really have much interest in this at all. I thought Watershed was pretty bad.

The Opeth haters are tiresome at this point. It made sense when like, a third of this forum was people who came over from the Opeth board, but that hasn't been the case in a while, and it's not like Opeth has been cramming music down our throats for the last five years or so.

Shit, I've been on this forum a long time.

I'm cautiously anticipating this. I wasn't sold on Watershed. I hope it's not too prog-rock (i'd bet $50 it's all prog-rock and 1 metal song).

I can understand the hate directed towards alot of the fans but not towards the band. So I'm with you on that one. I guess any band with more than 1 million scrobbles on last.fm and an active website related to the band that isn't myspace is popular and therefore completely terrible.

no_haters-6784.gif

they're boring and don't live up to the hype. that's why there is hate.

Yeah....I mean Damnation was godly but he said there would never be another album like that, so i'm assuming it'll probably be more in the vein of Throat of Winter, and a lot of the Watershed stuff exemplifies the change as well, Burden etc. As much as I love that...it's gotta be br00tal :3

I felt some major disappointment when I saw that "no death vocals" thing but....to be honest I never listen to anything past Deliverance anyway, it's all boring as fuck. Mikael's fascination with being in Camel is stupid, especially considering how fucking awesome his band used to be.

I felt some major disappointment when I saw that "no death vocals" thing but....to be honest I never listen to anything past Deliverance anyway, it's all boring as fuck. Mikael's fascination with being in Camel is stupid, especially considering how fucking awesome his band used to be.

Actually, a 70ies prog-rockish album WITH death metal vocals would sound absolutely ridiculous.

Cool cover..... It has this sinister feel to it when you looke pass the intial artwork details