New Opeth album cover.

Yeah, but from what he's saying it seems like he's implying it'll be gone permanently, or at least he's not focusing on it at all

Where are you getting this from?

Last I heard he was still the singer in Bloodbath and most recently was featured on Devin Townsend's Deconstruction where he used only death metal vocals. I find it odd that he would completely forsake death metal vocals permanently, but it seems reasonable to experiment with not having them on a Opeth record or two.

Damn, I was going to check the Opeth forum on this site to see about all this, and it no longer exists. I wonder what happened.

Where are you getting this from?

Last I heard he was still the singer in Bloodbath and most recently was featured on Devin Townsend's Deconstruction where he used only death metal vocals. I find it odd that he would completely forsake death metal vocals permanently, but it seems reasonable to experiment with not having them on a Opeth record or two.

Merely speculation, but if he's having trouble performing them, then it's possible they might not make a comeback.

Can you blame him for shutting it down? He opened it up to communicate to the fans and people and they spit back in his face. The people took shits on him,(not everyone) so basically said fuck you too and shut the forum down. It's like having a kid and everybody sits around bashes how ugly it is. Akerfeldt also stated he would possible bring back the forum one day if he feels up to it. If he does bring it back it will probably be fully moderated in a different location.

Can you blame him for shutting it down? He opened it up to communicate to the fans and people and they spit back in his face. The people took shits on him,(not everyone) so basically said fuck you too and shut the forum down. It's like having a kid and everybody sits around bashes how ugly it is. Akerfeldt also stated he would possible bring back the forum one day if he feels up to it. If he does bring it back it will probably be fully moderated in a different location.

Oh noes I'm in a fairly popular band but some people dont like it. I cant handle any negativity whatsoever. I am a prepubescent girl.

Edit: reading that makes me want bloodbath to get another vocalist.

And if this turns out to be a prog rock album, it still wont be Mirage, so it really is insignificant.

Because Mikael has had blatant control of whatever Opeth does since its inception, and I hardly doubt anyone in the band would object.

yea, but think about Samael: they made this cool album the other year that was in a different direction to what the recent ones had gone, and they had considered releasing it as a side-project instead of as a Samael album. seems like a courteous thing to do (if it's not close to what your existing fans like). ...imagine if In Flames had changed their name when they changed their sound, we'd still be able to say 'In Flames are good'.

Oh noes I'm in a fairly popular band but some people dont like it. I cant handle any negativity whatsoever. I am a prepubescent girl.

Edit: reading that makes me want bloodbath to get another vocalist.

And if this turns out to be a prog rock album, it still wont be Mirage, so it really is insignificant.

There was some harsh things going on. Too much bullshit to add to the bullshit. Everyband in the world doesn't need to be on the internet anyway...it ruins the mysticism.

When that idiot says statements like "I've grown tired of growl metal", and "If the death metal fans don't like it, it's their problem" ... he's taking a piss at the very people who supported him into being who he is right now, and who are the reason why there's food on his table.

Even if he feels that way, at least respect the people who supported him, went to his concerts, and bought his albums up till Watershed.

So now all of a sudden he "matured" and wants to do prog rock ? Why not dissolve Opeth and form a prog rock band ? Furthermore, why is it released on Roadrunner ? It's because his shitty product is firstly and foremostly aimed at the metalhead market whom he keeps patronizing.

If that turns out to be the case, I won't be buying the album. Fuck him if he thinks that. This might be worse than Morbid Angel's new album. I'm prepared for the worst. I'll check it out with an open mind but god damn it if it turns out to be 70's prog worship, I'm done.

Like I said I'll listen to it with a very open mind. But this has the potential to suck massively or to be totally awesome. I'm just worried.

When that idiot says statements like "I've grown tired of growl metal", and "If the death metal fans don't like it, it's their problem" ... he's taking a piss at the very people who supported him into being who he is right now, and who are the reason why there's food on his table.

Even if he feels that way, at least respect the people who supported him, went to his concerts, and bought his albums up till Watershed.

So now all of a sudden he "matured" and wants to do prog rock ? Why not dissolve Opeth and form a prog rock band ? Furthermore, why is it released on Roadrunner ? It's because his shitty product is firstly and foremostly aimed at the metalhead market whom he keeps patronizing.

Not that I care much about an artist's character or shit they say, but what a rotten cunt.

I think if Akerfeldt said somebullshit like that it would be on the front headlines of blabbermouth in a second and I haven't seen anything about this shit talking to death metal heads.