New Opeth dvd??

aestusmaris@hotmail.com

The Devil's armpit
Jun 14, 2005
Göteborg, Sweden
Thought I might raise some false hopes with that title, but after reading the studio journal for GR on opeth.com, Mike mentioned something aboot a documentary of the recording being filmed, hinting at another dvd release? I fucking hope so, maybe they could buy the rights to show songs from the older albums or something, I got me a hankering for some live Black Rose Immortal, any thoughts?

The "other" forum? Why would you expect people here to go there and read and see what wasn'twas discussed already?

I'd like to see another Opeth DVD for sure. A "behind the scenes" sort of thing would be cool, is that kind of like what you mean?

What I would really like is an "Evening With Opeth" type thing, where they play for a few hours :) That would be a bad ass DVD.

Smileys are shite, as is the obsession with erk

I was thinking of Lamentations part 2 kinda thing, making of ghost reveries + a few hours of Opeth, ideally a mix and match of different live shows, a professionally filmed one a la Sheperds Bush,a bootleg style festival one and the BBC recording session they're scheduled to do. That would rock thy world,
you booted me off your forum Haver, cuz I thought you were a ladyboy and for being English...haha, twas funny though

aestusmaris@hotmail.com said:
Thought I might raise some false hopes with that title, but after reading the studio journal for GR on opeth.com, Mike mentioned something aboot a documentary of the recording being filmed, hinting at another dvd release? I fucking hope so, maybe they could buy the rights to show songs from the older albums or something, I got me a hankering for some live Black Rose Immortal, any thoughts?

Would be great for sure, but please no proclamations like "this next album is going to be the most br00tal we've ever done / bordering on BM" type comments if he doesn't mean it!

I wonder, looking back now, if he really had thought about what he wanted to do for the next album back then, given that GR is almost complete opposite of that claim.

^ Well maybe the first song he wrote was "TGC" and then obviously he thought it would be more Black Metallish.

Though I´m glad this album isn´t all TGC style.