A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

Its a little discouraging that it will take Opeth almost a year to release a dvd. I dont think the new album will be out before 2008 :erk: Oh well Opeth still pwn.

1 years is not that much. It's hard to get the time to create a dvd when you are touring, writing and recording. Arch Enemy took 2 years to release Live Apocalypse and the result his pretty damn good. I prefer them taking their time and building a masterpiece dvd than having them release it two weeks after with a shitty mix and no bonus footage.

Okay now I am gonna sound like a complete whining dick but here goes.

When - allright, that's a classic that needs to be committed to DVD.

Ghost of Perdition - best track of '...Reveries', a natural track to include.

Under The Weeping Moon - the least interesting track from 'Orchid'..

Bleak - One of their weakest songs, IMO.Isn't this one on the first DVD too?

Face of Melinda
- Great song, but the heavy tracks on 'Still Life' would be much preferred..say, 'Serenity Painted Death'.

The Night & The Silent Water - A classic that will be fun to watch/listen to.

Windowpane - There's already a 'ballad' here, and this track is so repetetive.

Blackwater Park - Bah, another track from 'BWP' instead of a classic from one of the four first albums, or another track from 'GR' (like some fucking Baying of the hounds baby! I overslept last time Opeth were in Oslo and rumors have it they played this one :heh: ) The songs off 'BWP' are so slow and shit you know.

Encore: Demon of the Fall

Allright this is obligatory but come on my dear Opeth, when you perform a show that is going on a DVD to promote the band, wouldn't it be the awesome to play, say, TWO encores? The obligatory Demon, and a surprise song - one not featured on the previous DVD, perhaps a track rarely played live? (*cough* The Moor *cough*).

Well with the whining out of the way, Opeth remains my favorite band ever since I first heard 'Morningrise', and will likely stay that way unless the coming albums progress from track 4 on 'GR'.

Allright this is obligatory but come on my dear Opeth, when you perform a show that is going on a DVD to promote the band, wouldn't it be the awesome to play, say, TWO encores?
I don't think there was any time really, they had a strict curfew to obey. Initially everyone thought the curfew meant "time to stop playing" but in the case of the Roundhouse it actually meant "that's when we lock the doors and screw you if your gear is still in there".
Shame.

A quick question:

It says on the opeth site that the dvd will be in HD quality. does this mean that its unplayable on normal DVD players?

Why (insert any Opeth song) ?!?!??!! They have to make decisions lol.

Anyway, I just looked at a few short videos of that show on youtube, the DVD will be amazing. The first one was good because it is Opeth, but this one will be very very good!
Link?
If too much work, search you tube by what? to find it...this one will own lamentations mainly because they got the rights to film pre-blackwater material:kickass:

ffs quit bitching about the tracks... what do you want... a dvd of opeths entire fucking catalogue? watch it and enjoy it. if you dont like the songs on it then listen to the recorded versions... fuck me.

A quick question:

It says on the opeth site that the dvd will be in HD quality. does this mean that its unplayable on normal DVD players?

What I'd assume is that it means the show was filmed on HD cameras, and either one of two things will happen:

A) A DVD release with the HD-recorded material down-scaled to DVD specs, and a seperate HDDVD/blu-ray release (like Nine Inch Nails did with their latest DVD, Beside You in Time)
B) A DVD release with the HD material downscaled to DVD specs only.

I'd say the latter would be the most cost-efficient for a band like Opeth, however who knows.