New or Obscure Trad Doom/NWOBHM

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
So lately I'm listening to Manilla Road, Pagan Altar, Reverend Bizarre, Ironsword, The Gates of Slumber, Warning, Trouble, Pentagram, Sabbath, Vitus, WFG etc. etc. more than is healthy. I'm going to go buy a bunch of shit this weekend, and I need some less well known bands to check out. If it's involved with Miskatonic I probably am already buying it. Obviously if it's been talked about a lot on the site, is a side project of one of these guys (The Puritan, for example), or has shown up in the last few pages of the trad doom thread, I know about it.

UM FORUMS, GO!

(Thanks in advance, by the way.)

You might know these, but...

Coven - Worship New Gods
Dark Quarterer - S/T and The Etruscan Prophecy
Unorthodox - Asylum and Balance of Power (apparently they have a new album as well, but I don't know it)

Dreaming - II
Gods Tower - The Eerie
Gods Tower - The Turns
The Wizar'd - Infernal Wizardry
Against Nature - Accumulus
Internal Void - Standing on the Sun
Penance - Proving Ground
Penance - The Road Revisited
Internal Void - Unearthed
Pale Divine - Cemetery Earth
Dire Fate - Dealing With Undead

I don't know if it was talked about anywhere lately, but I bought Mighty & Superior by Isen Torr and that was a worthwhile purchase.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=24117

I actually was just listening to that on last.fm (both tracks are up). Tony Taylor from Twisted Tower Dire is on the vox, he's one of the dudes who runs Miskatonic. A good suggestion, though, I enjoyed both tracks and might buy it.

Atlantean Kodex - The Pnakotic Demos
Doomsword - Resound the Horn
The Obsessed - Lunar Womb
Griftegård - Psalm Bok
Forsaken - Iconoclast
Mirror of Deception - Foregone
Mercy - Mercy
Thunderstorm - Witchhunter Tales
Orodruin - Epicurean Mass
Minotauri - Minotauri
Dantesco - De La Mano De La Muerte

-XINR (their album from the early 80s was recently released for the first time, they're Christian but whatever, good stuff)
-Ironsword
-Isen Torr

Do Griftegard have any plans for a full length or any other releases? Psalm Bok is fantastic and I would love to hear more.
I have no idea, I hardly see/talk to Ola anymore since he left I Hate Records. :| I hope so though.

Some demo recomendations that you probably have to download:

Weird Light - Doomicvs Vobiscvm
The Doomsday Cult - Samarithans of Misery
Millarca - Drunstall

Also, Paul Chain - Alkahest (not a demo).

-Ironsword
-Isen Torr

as mentioned I already listen to these guys, but thanks, good recs (seeing as I like them), I'll check out that third group

Doomsword - Resound the Horn
The Obsessed - Lunar Womb
Mirror of Deception - Foregone

I'm familiar with Epicurean Mass of course, but these are big name bands I've heard about and not checked out, thank you.

Yeah, I assumed they would, it would be weird to form a band and make one demo and then split up when the music was so obviously full of passion and spirit. Anyway, will be cool to see what they come up with.

I heard there isn't going to be any US distributors for the Procession EP. I'm not sure if this means there aren't going to be any distributors, i.e. you have to order directly from Iron Kodex, but that would suck, and I really hope this doesn't become a policy. Ordering overseas almost always sucks. Anyway, I entered a contest to win a copy of the album so hopefully I win. :) I think I'll play the demo in the car today.

Anyway, I entered a contest to win a copy of the album so hopefully I win. :) I think I'll play the demo in the car today.

As did I!

Tim from Shadow Kingdom wouldn't be getting copies of this? I thought he said he would be on the board, of course that was when the EP was first announced so things might have changed since then.