Traditional Doom Metal

Addo_Of_Nex

Fuck of Death
Nov 9, 2007
Peoria, Illinois
I'm fairly new to this genre of music, but I have covered a good deal of the essential bands upon reading through the Trad. Doom thread in GMD. I'm looking for bands that provide any type of atmosphere that is common in the genre, though I prefer bands whose music deals with the occult, isolation, and desperation.

Anyways, recommend me bands similar to the likes of Candlemass, Warning, Hour of 13, Pagan Altar, Solitude Aeternus, etc.

If you're willing to branch away from traditional doom slightly, and you like Solitude Aeternus, I'd say give While Heaven Wept a try. They deal with the themes you want.

Apostle Of Solitude - Embraced By The Black
Fall Of The Idols - The Womb Of The Earth
Mirror Of Deception - Mirrorsoil
The Lamp Of Thoth - Cauldron Of Witchery
Orodruin - Epicurean Mass
Pale Divine - Cemetary Earth
Revelation - Salvation's Answer
Weird Light - Doomicvs Vobiscvm (demo for download)

All those bands should be have something to appeal to you based on the things you mentioned, there are plenty more obvious bands that fill those categories as well.

If you're willing to branch away from traditional doom slightly, and you like Solitude Aeternus, I'd say give While Heaven Wept a try. They deal with the themes you want.

seconded. :kickass:

i heeeeaaarr your voice.. iiinn the wind.. haunting meee... OOOONNNCE AGAIN.. :cry: