New parallel project besides Dandelium - 2 min sample with vocals.

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
I have practised a lot on singing lately, so I decided to write a new song but this time put my own vocals on it.

I hope you guys like it! If so I'll consider starting a new project on my own, focusing on vocals.

Cheers!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the vocals are great, however sometimes it sounds like you're holding yourself back, especially on the works "away from here". It's very helpful to learn the different breathing techniques and releasing any tension you might have in your throat while singing (at least for clean vocals). Also confidence makes out a big part of how convincing the vocal performance is. Besides that I really like it! Reminds me very much of Edge of Sanity.

It sounds very decent to me ! I know it cause I have been learning how to sing myself too, I'm gonna give it a try too in a little time :)

To be more critic :

- work on the pronounciation, and the "tight singing" (fun to write) so that words are easier to understand.
- push more when you go higher or more epic. It has to actually sound as if you are singing loud. It's not a rule, since if it sounds good without it's good, but maybe try it. Our ear, by the fact we are used to hear subtles differences in a voice (like for example you can detect a smile by the phone), if you sound like you are pushing more, it catches the listener more. Depends on the case of course.
- as Fbarre said, past the technical parts, it's all bout confidence. we can tolerate imperfection if it sounds confident, and it makes it more personnal too. it makes the music live even more.

Not that it's bad, I really think it sounds great actually :)

Hey! Thanks for the replies!

This is just pre-production and lyric writing process, so in my room I couldn't raise the voice more than the usual talk level. Also vocals are not edited for tightness or tuning (just auto tune on auto mode with slow response, to tune just the long notes), so it will be much better than this in the end.

I'm already working on my technique (zero at the moment, just sing by ear), my accent (I have a much better accent when speaking but for some reason it sucks when I sing :lol:) and in general, the right way to make my vocals sit well with the music.

Mateo: I'm actually Spanish, but I've been here in Hungary studying for a couple of years (you know, Medicine requires insane high-school marks to get accepted in most countries).

Cheers!

Hey! Thanks for the replies!

This is just pre-production and lyric writing process, so in my room I couldn't raise the voice more than the usual talk level. Also vocals are not edited for tightness or tuning (just auto tune on auto mode with slow response, to tune just the long notes), so it will be much better than this in the end.

I'm already working on my technique (zero at the moment, just sing by ear), my accent (I have a much better accent when speaking but for some reason it sucks when I sing :lol:) and in general, the right way to make my vocals sit well with the music.

Mateo: I'm actually Spanish, but I've been here in Hungary studying for a couple of years (you know, Medicine requires insane high-school marks to get accepted in most countries).

Cheers!

Oh okay. Then you're on the right path. It shows it can sound pretty good in the end ! I'm working on my vocals too, I don't even know what I will achieve. I may do some tests on some covers to find my marks :)

I know, here it's hard too, I have a friend who's in 5th year here :)

I really like it man! I agree with the pronunciation thing already mentioned, as well as it being too held back, but you already addressed those concerns. Can't wait to hear what your vox sound like in an actual vocal booth screaming / singing your heart out.