New Paramore

Her voice has a weird crazy vibrato on it, like Brock from 36 Crazyfists....It's really rather off-putting overall.

The hipsters are gonna love it cos this fits right in with the whole pretty girls trying to look ugly singing electro pop thing thats been going on recently. Personally though I think its drudge and lacks anything actually distinctive because it tries too hard to be 'quirky'.

I think it's weird how much traction this band gets on a metal forum. I'm not being judgmental so much as I can't see why with so many good non-metal bands this one in particular gets so much love here. This song sounds like the Yeah yeah yeah's let the Max Martin re-write a chorus for them but kept the verse the same for the fixie crowd.

Fucking hipsters. Also, to the comment of "Pretty girls pretending to be ugly", I see that all the time in younger girls in their early twenties all the way back to high school girls. Smeary eye makeup and thrift store gems from the seventies, an interest in retro noir and the whole "pretend you're poor because you can't eat money" that just irritates me. I call it "Heroin Chic". You don't necessarily have to be on the shit for it to work.

Thanks Hayley.

I think it's weird how much traction this band gets on a metal forum. I'm not being judgmental so much as I can't see why with so many good non-metal bands this one in particular gets so much love here. This song sounds like the Yeah yeah yeah's let the Max Martin re-write a chorus for them but kept the verse the same for the fixie crowd.

Max Martin is a genius, and yes, agreed, also don't get it

I don't honestly care, I have never understood why people praise them, to me they are a band of talented musicians who write completely unoriginal and forgettable songs, I don't find this one surprising at the end of the day. Agreed on the vibrato, she sounds weird here, could it be some kind of autotune vibrato correction ? Even just a few %, on top of her natural vibrato ?

I *really* like the prechorus but overall I find the song to be boring and uninspiring.

I think it's weird how much traction this band gets on a metal forum. I'm not being judgmental so much as I can't see why with so many good non-metal bands this one in particular gets so much love here.

It is pretty weird; I'd be lying if I said they weren't one of my favorite bands but it is insane how well they go over with the heavy crowd. When played the 9 or so shows they did on Warped in 2011 everyone on the tour was generally stoked on it but the heavier bands in particular were the ones who went ape shit trying to watch them from on stage. Metal and pop-punk have a really weird crossover that you don't see with a lot of other genres but Paramore takes it to another level.

damn it. Easily one of my top 5 favorite bands, and this was unexpectedly not good, specially cause I really really liked the Transformers song which gave me hope in the new "era" without the Farros, I really hope the album is better. I can clearly see the Gwen Stefani comparison, I still like this song, but not nearly as much as anything else they've done.

And yes, I don't get why so much love here, I know I'm a faggot for a lot of gay bands/genres, and was happy to discover I wasn't the only one with a paramore fetish in this forum

Yeah this is really bad, but I can't see it as indicative of Paramore w/out the Farro brothers considering how damn good all the Singles Club releases were.

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing but pretentious bullshit. nobody needs more hipster crap like this, least they need it from Paramore. Next i guess they're going dubstep or something.

Count me in with the people who don't get why they got so popular on a metal forum. Musically I think they're pretty average, nothing special, although I'll admit that I really, really like this song:

Last edited by a moderator: