New pet

carvedones

May 16, 2007
After years of trying to convince my wife today I finally got myself a pet snake. Its a female Inland Python (Murray Darling) only a few months old.

Will post a pic tomorrow.

Also have 2 dogs and 2 lizards
Cunningham Skink and an Eastern Blue Tongue

There's tons of off-topic stuff that's in the general section of the forum too, so I don't think it's that bad - and more importantly, as an animal lover myself, I can't wait to see pics (especially of the dogs ;) )

I have a pet corn snake that's pretty badass. For anyone with kids wanting to get a pet, I highly recommend a corn snake. They are cheap (initial purchase and to maintain their habitat and feeding) and naturally docile snakes. Feed them a live mouse once a week and they are happy. :)

I named mine Füs (fucked up snake, pronounced "foose", haha). Anyone that has seen Run Ronnie Run will get that one.

My friends and I have made a video collage of my snake eating a bunch of mice and put some Stabwound and Suffocation over it :lol:...I need to find that video...

~006

I have a pet corn snake that's pretty badass. For anyone with kids wanting to get a pet, I highly recommend a corn snake. They are cheap (initial purchase and to maintain their habitat and feeding) and naturally docile snakes. Feed them a live mouse once a week and they are happy. :)

I named mine Füs (fucked up snake, pronounced "foose", haha). Anyone that has seen Run Ronnie Run will get that one.

My friends and I have made a video collage of my snake eating a bunch of mice and put some Stabwound and Suffocation over it :lol:...I need to find that video...

~006

"eat that vomit dog, eat that vomit!" Run Ronnie Run=the best movie ever. "Yalls brutalizin' me!":headbang:

Heres the snake. Sorry its blurry but took it on my phone.

22062008094.jpg

I had a rosy boa a while back... I bought it about the size of yours, and by the time she croaked she was big enough to eat a small rabbit.
Very docile with humans, never snapped at me.

Pythons however, scare the shit out of me for some reason when they get big.

Well they certainly have the stereotype of being predatory, so I can share your hesitancy Wolfeman - hell, I've only ever owned golden retrievers, so snakes in general are a bit unusual for me to grasp. How big do you expect her to get carvedones?

fwiw i write a lot of songs and my producer is my cat. seriously. he seems to have a great ear for what's good and what's not. juding by his reaction i can tell if he likes something or not. certain chords melodies etc. just rub him off the wrong way and he starts doing weird stuff.

Yeah dude, I had adopted a Ball Python from a friend that was moving last year...I had him for about 4 months and then I took him to the pet shop and asked if they would take him. Something about that python just always irked me...he seemed like he was evil or something, it was weird.

~006

Well they certainly have the stereotype of being predatory, so I can share your hesitancy Wolfeman - hell, I've only ever owned golden retrievers, so snakes in general are a bit unusual for me to grasp. How big do you expect her to get carvedones?

She will grown to about 2 meters. Pythons can be very placid, as long as you take care when handling.