The way we live - A candle for Judith
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Tomorrow - Same
Mainhorse - Same
Julian's treatment - A time before this
Alice Coltrane - A monastic trio
Billy Cobham - Spectrum
Rainbow - Bent out of shape

Yeah Im digging Nektar, even their more poppier stuff they did later in their career is awesome.

its an alright playlist. his playlists get pretty predictable actually.

9 or 10 - progressive and/or psychadelic bands (great or not varies)

3 or 4 - singer/songwriter or 60s/70s period staple albums...

1 or 2 - hard rock or proto metal classic albums

1 or 2 - new metal album(s) yet to be released.

The Poona of Peshwa said:
You're irritating.

am i? im labeled as some know it all, egomaniac, showoff....yet mike can post his large playlists of obscurity as an obvious way to flaunt how many bands from a bygone era he knows than his fans so they can drool. think about it.

^ or maybe he just actually listens to that stuff?

I guess the only one to truly show off here in the 'oh-I'm-so-original' manner is you. think about it.

:Wreath: said:
^ or maybe he just actually listens to that stuff?

I guess the only one to truly show off here in the 'oh-I'm-so-original' manner is you. think about it.

i listen to most of the same stuff he does, but you dont see me posting huge random lists of bands unless someone asks me to. ANYWAY, i was merely remarking on how you could set a watch to the variety that he lists. stop being a moron.

So, NFU, what would be your favorites out of this list. In other words, which would you recommend buying?

i dont own two of them...which is mainhorse and the alice coltrane album. the rest i can recommend. ive just never really cared for alice's work...and mainhorse i just havent gotten around to yet, i passed up a vinyl copy a few months ago, but now im not collecting vinyl anymore.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i listen to most of the same stuff he does, but you dont see me posting huge random lists of bands unless someone asks me to. ANYWAY, i was merely remarking on how you could set a watch to the variety that he lists. stop being a moron.

Never started being one my friend, contrary to you...

Just because one guy asked you for some bands to listen to doesn't make you an authority on that. Comparing yourself to Mike is a lousy attempt You're not a member of the best band in the world and I wouldn't give a fuck even if you spat out playlists every 10 minutes. Mike's playlists on the other hand appeal to me more as he is my musical hero and he posts the playlists because it's something fans find interesting. You don't like the fact that somebody else listens to less known bands - fine, but saying he does that just to make fans drool - now THAT'S moronic...

i dont think NFU is saying something offensive or irritating at all. and no offense wreath but that attitude is very fanboy-ish. its like i would defend STYE because IF is my bestest tr00est most favorite band in the world.

:Wreath: said:
Just because one guy asked you for some bands to listen to doesn't make you an authority on that. Comparing yourself to Mike is a lousy attempt You're not a member of the best band in the world and I wouldn't give a fuck even if you spat out playlists every 10 minutes.

first of all, just because youre too much of a noob here to have seen most of the conversing mike and i and other knowledgable folk such as abhorsen, have had in the progressive rock thread about liking the same band and our suggestions, isnt my problem, but it IS making you look pretty silly. second of all, not just "one" guy asked me for recommendations, its been many people over the course of 4 years on here...again...if you werent present for it, thats not my problem. 3rd, im not trying to act like im in Opeth simply for the observation i made, and just because someone is IN a band, doesnt mean their playlist is of any superiority. Not to mention i doubt you would even like half of the stuff Mike puts in his playlists due to your obviously fanboyish and closeminded aproach to just about everything youve displayed thus far.

NineFeetUnderground said:
am i? im labeled as some know it all, egomaniac, showoff....yet mike can post his large playlists of obscurity as an obvious way to flaunt how many bands from a bygone era he knows than his fans so they can drool. think about it.

well, if mike can be an egomaniac showoff, then i don't see why you can't!!!!:headbang:

Fuck, why does every thread nowadays turn into a fight?

C'mon, maybe NFU shouldn't have been attacked by Poona, but NFU's counterpoint was inappropriate I think. I respect NFU and I respect Wreath's opinion too. One thing that is cool about Mike posting his playlists is that we can discuss it here and find out about new things, there's nothing wrong or 'show-off' about that. Of course a playlist from the frontman of your favorite band is probably more interesting than one from a random person, Wreath has a point with that. NFU, you have great knowledge about a whole load of music, so instead of fighting, show us that knowlegde if you will and make this a thread worth reading.

Now please, let's stop fighting and discuss the playlist.

Going on:
NFU, tell something about the bands on the list that you like. How are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.