New preamp?

Mavaan

Jan 29, 2008
Finland
Ok.I'm thinking of buying new better quality pre.

Now i got just Digi002+ADA8000 pres and got some money to buy a good pre about 700-1200e for reccing guitars and OH's,so i was thinking 2-channel pre with adat.

So,what you guys would recommend?
Or should i just ditch that ada-8000 and get RME-quadmic...who knows..:loco::lol::lol:

Cheers!

Jesus christ...That was fast,Marcus.Lol.

Do you think it's worth the money?I remember you have used it in your school or something...

I'm drewling API 512 pre's,but those bitches are really "cheapo"...

im thinking the same at the mo, im currently running 002+motu8pre

dont get me wrong the 8 pre is great and for the next year or so i have access to fully equipped PT hd systems, neve desks/pres etc etc, so id be tempted at selling the motu but only if i could get 2 or 4 nice pres in return, and wouldnt mind knowing what would be wicked for around £300 (ideally 4 pres)

Well the thing with the 512's is since they're modular you would need some sort of lunchbox/rack to put them in (cheapest being the two-slot one by A designs I think), and of course wouldn't have on-board A/D conversion so thus no SPDIF out. Otherwise though they're identical to the 312 pres in the A2D!

Yep.You are right...

I have to check that used from ebay...I think it's out of my budget new here in Finland.
I think it's 1600e at least in here.

BTW:I might have you some re-amping in couple of weeks.