New Priest!

Nighcrawler meets A touch of Evil with an horrendous guitar sound...:erk::yuk::puke:

(Priest fan speaking)

Hmm, that's what I was afraid of - I only heard the single off the last album (Revolution, Retribution, or something like that), and thought it was just so fucking boring/dull/lifeless, and I figured this would be similar. I'm a huge fan of the Priest of the olden days (my favorite album honestly is "Defenders," I like it a lot more than "Screaming," and am really not a fan AT ALL of Point of Entry or British Steel - Stained Class and Hell Bent fucking rule though), and as far as I'm concerned, they should just pack it in cuz they've got a plenty awesome back catalog to be happy with.

My god that's awful....Aside from the title track on Painkiller (which in itself is one of my favourite songs), I've not been inspired by anything Priest's done for over 25 years. Respect for their longevity and talents, but....

Ugh... that guitar sound is so bad and the vocals are so overly loud in the mix that I can't take this seriously.

Scott Travis should stick to Racer X...

I was a bit disappointed with the production myself. I think there a number of guys on this board who could have done a much better job. Lyrics are pretty goofy too. It's not horrible, but they've done much, much better. I just hope there's something better on the rest of the record.

-0z-
#1 Priest fan.

Bah, Priest are dead, rehashing riffs as well, the main verse riff is almost the same as the riff before the "faster than a laser bullet" riff of Painkiller. I think I'll go listen to old priest.

Edit :- Those leads are fucking horrible! What happened to Glenn and KK? Fuck, bring back 80's Priest!

Great deception.
A piece of shit full of bad ballads and mid-tempos. Boring, very very boring.
Production is crap. Some keyborads sounds like the Sounblaster GM Soundfonts.

This night I'm going to Kobetasonic Festival, they play as headliners. I hope they don't play too many from the new album or I will have to drink too much beer to avoid suicide.

Yup, that would have sounded cutting edge twenty five years ago.

How time flies...

hmmm. not to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but yea, disappointing. i'm huge priest fan. have been since the 80's - the very beginning. saw them many times back then and maybe once in the 90s when things were slipping.

not to be over-critical, production aside (very aside), the writing is just horrible. in this day and age, neither of these should have been a factor. sad. i must say, more than once the name 'spinal tap' flashed before my eyes. ugh. maybe not enough fresh blood in the writing/production perhaps?

the guitarsound is ver very bad. look at the forum where people postet samples made with mkIII or other plugs. priest should have done that too. lame songwriting, boring riffs, nothing to be proud of.