New Pyramaze in the works?!!!

Well so far in the interview (40 minutes into the show) Michael has said that for the most part the fans are happy with the choice of Urban breed to be the new vocalist for the band and acknowledges that there will be the odd fan that doesn't agree with the band's choice. He also stated that they've been impressed with the amount of support the fans have shown for Urban.

He stated that he started writing material for the new album about one month ago since the band has been very busy with their day jobs/other bands/personal lives etc.

He stated that currently none of the festivals are showing interest in the band since there's no material with Urban (yet)

The new album will not be a concept album

Michael plans on stepping back a bit and letting the other band members contribute to writing songs/music (I guess he doesn't want to be compared to Jon Schaffer :lol: )

He talks about how the band has gotten away from the prog sound they had on Melancholy Beast and Legend of the Bone Carver and how on the new album they plan to continue with the sound that they started with on Immortal (however he's not sure if they'll have to change the tone to match Urban's vocal pitch ie: Framing Armageddon vs Crucible of Man)

The band is on the hunt for a new label. There are currently some negative feelings in the relationship the band has with Locomotive Records. Michael discusses making music videos and how the band can make a good video or a cheap video and that if they get on a label that can financial back them adequately then they'd consider making a vid.

Michael will be attending Wacken Open Air this year as a fan, and for every person he sees wearing a Pyramaze shirt, he'll buy them a beer and have a talk. So get buying your W.O.A. 2009 tickets!!!

We recorded the show in BluePoint Radio, so if anyone is interested, I'll send him the download link. :)

Well so far in the interview (40 minutes into the show) Michael has said that for the most part the fans are happy with the choice of Urban breed to be the new vocalist for the band and acknowledges that there will be the odd fan that doesn't agree with the band's choice. He also stated that they've been impressed with the amount of support the fans have shown for Urban.

He stated that he started writing material for the new album about one month ago since the band has been very busy with their day jobs/other bands/personal lives etc.

He stated that currently none of the festivals are showing interest in the band since there's no material with Urban (yet)

The new album will not be a concept album

Michael plans on stepping back a bit and letting the other band members contribute to writing songs/music (I guess he doesn't want to be compared to Jon Schaffer :lol: )

He talks about how the band has gotten away from the prog sound they had on Melancholy Beast and Legend of the Bone Carver and how on the new album they plan to continue with the sound that they started with on Immortal (however he's not sure if they'll have to change the tone to match Urban's vocal pitch ie: Framing Armageddon vs Crucible of Man)

The band is on the hunt for a new label. There are currently some negative feelings in the relationship the band has with Locomotive Records. Michael discusses making music videos and how the band can make a good video or a cheap video and that if they get on a label that can financial back them adequately then they'd consider making a vid.

Michael will be attending Wacken Open Air this year as a fan, and for every person he sees wearing a Pyramaze shirt, he'll buy them a beer and have a talk. So get buying your W.O.A. 2009 tickets!!!

So you guys do read our threads here? :heh: Maybe my thread asking for new material helped. :lol:

We recorded the show in BluePoint Radio, so if anyone is interested, I'll send him the download link. :)

Is it in English? I'm interested in hearing it. :headbang:

I have heard most of the interview yesterday! You summed it up quite well Burnt! :)

Hope that you guys find a new label soon... don't know if Blistering Records are any good... at least they released the new bloodbound album...

I'm curious what the next album will sound like when everyone can contribute some more... the best ingredients would be available now:

• powerful drumming with some technical stuff (and hopefully some odd rhythms ;)
  • crunching guitar riffs
  • amazing lead melodies and solos (also duells with keys)
  • to put it simple: Jonah! :)
  • some of the best bass lines in metal (remember She Who Summoned Me)
  • and of course: the "one-man-choir" Urban breed... great melodies, amazing backing vocals...

So we're out for a new masterpiece?

:kickass:

Hmmm... I can't say I was too excited to hear that they would be pursuing the Immortal direction, as the album is superb but I am certainly more fond of the first two both in execution and atmosphere, but it will be killer not matter what because... well it's Pyramaze.

I am VERY happy to hear that the new material will be similar to Immortal. I love the heavier, beefed-up sound and style of music in comparison to the first two albums.

I'm kinda stunned by this, for two reasons...1) Pyramaze has released 3 very well-received albums by both fans & critics alike, and 2) Urban isn't exactly an unknown commodity in the metal community.

glad I'm not the only 1 who thought that. I tried stressing this to CRJ productions for CPF 09.

I guess since nothing was recorded w/ urban. ppl were afraid the band would be more apt to lose another singer, or break up altogether.

Hmmm... I can't say I was too excited to hear that they would be pursuing the Immortal direction, as the album is superb but I am certainly more fond of the first two both in execution and atmosphere, but it will be killer not matter what because... well it's Pyramaze.

I tend to second that... I really like both the music and the vocals on Immortal... and there's some stuff that is truly out of the best Pyramaze have recorded so far, like the heavy Ghost Light, A Beautiful Death, Shadow of the Beast or Touched By The Mara... also Legacy in a Rhyme is amazing...

But on the other hand both music and vocals are also more straight forward than on the previous albums... and I miss the tricky bits that Morten was playing on MB and LotB for example... not that the music is highly progressive on those albums, but it has some special parts that are really amazing...

And especially the melodies Lance is singing are a little more - let's say - "complicated" and so I enjoy them some more everytime I listen to it... though I still really like Year of the Phoenix I hardly listen to it because I got so used to it... the chorus is quite long and almost too easy to sing along (though I can't sing ;-) And though I listened to MB so often I still can't sing along all melodies... I really like that!

But Urban is a whole different than Matt and Lance, though there are some similarities as well. To me, Urban's melodies are somewhere in between... not too "complicated" (don't know a better word, sorry) and still not that easy too sing along. And the biggest difference is: Urban does so amazing backings as well... Every song on Matters of the Dark and Modus Vivendi has such awesome backings that add so much to the songs.

However, we won't (hopefully) get another MB, LotBC or Immortal... Pyramaze will move on and I'm sure they will continue to write some pyramazing stuff that we all will like... to say the least! :)

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

All hail Pyramaze!!!

However, we won't (hopefully) get another MB, LotBC or Immortal... Pyramaze will move on
Hey there fellow knasboll! Of course we're moving on. No use releasing the same thing again is there? We'll take what we've got and that's alot, move on, explore new grounds and make the best album we can!
If there's anything I know is that we're not releasing anything sub-par. This is going to be a stellar release. We'll stand behind it 100%.
Not to stop you guys speculating... keep going. You'll have lots of fun revisiting this thread once the album's out. :)