New Raintime cd "Flies & Lies"

l was simply drawing an analogy to the differences in opinion that we have...you hear one thing, l hear another. Of course, you couldn't grasp that. You on the other hand decided to make a personal attack out of it...which if l'm not mistaken is not the first time you've done this with me as your subject. l believe it's time a Mod got involved and spank your troll ass !

And the same should happen to you, as a result of your countless "personal attacks" on Claus @ Intromental for your opinon on Raintime. If you hate them so much, why even post on this thread to begin with?

It's because you're entitled to having an opinion on Raintime and other bands, but it doesn't mean everyone has to respect your opinion. Since you're so uninformed in the first place, it doesn't hold much water to begin with. But it's ok, you can keep being a hypocrite by ragging on other bands so that their members and management can see it (and you call ME a troll?! LOL) but get personally offended when people call you on your bullshit. I'm done here.

Raintime rocks, and I can't wait to hear the new album.

Further responses from either Ascension or 3DAperture will that are personal attacks will be deleted. I see no reason that you both could not discuss the difference between jazz and reggae in your interpretation if you wish to continue.

I do agree that Ascension is a lightning rod in this forum not because of his opinions that fall into the minority, but because his personality is completely condescending and disrespectful if you disagree with him based on previous comments. If I feel that he crosses the line, then he knows I will delete his posts and issue a temporary ban. I thought his original post in this thread was done in poor taste, but I allowed it because he kept it in check.

I also believe that 3D could have handled his reply much better. I think you went on the attack based not just on this one thread. Please be aware that you are held to the same standard as everyone else. If you feel that someone is way out of line, please report it to me and allow me to handle it in the future.

Thank you Glenn for addressing this.

And the same should happen to you, as a result of your countless "personal attacks" on Claus @ Intromental for your opinon on Raintime.

For the record, l have never attacked Claus personally. On the contrary, l backed him & clarified an issue that occurred on another board. l did have a strong opinion of a band that is in his stable that he drew offense to and he went a little overboard in their defense. Understandable. He later apologized...it's all good.

3DimensionalAperture said:
It's because you're entitled to having an opinion on Raintime and other bands, but it doesn't mean everyone has to respect your opinion.

Hmm...l don't remember asking anyone to respect my opinion or anything that l may post. But, it does bring me joy knowing many are entertained by reading it. l do feel validated.

All being said, l do hope many enjoy Raintime's performance at PPVIII. For those that won't, there are plenty of bands performing that will more than fill the void.

I like the first one enough to buy this one when it comes out.

beside - I just love Ray Alder's voice! I had a chance to meet him when he came to PP I - and he was a very nice guy too - that matters...

Wes%20Wade%20&%20Ray%20Alder_small.jpg

I like the first one enough to buy this one when it comes out.

beside - I just love Ray Alder's voice! I had a chance to meet him when he came to PP I - and he was a very nice guy too - that matters...

Wes%20Wade%20&%20Ray%20Alder_small.jpg
this is Raintime, not Redemption with whom Ray Alder sings with.

YIKES!!

o_O

Thanks for the catch Venom.

....back to listening to cd's and trying to remember what I'm talking about. . .

:ill:
Not a problem!! Both are excellent bands and the best thing is we get to see BOTH LIVE!!!!!!!:headbang:

I listened a few times and though it's played well, the songs seem sterile to me. Can't put my finger on it but this band just doesn't do it for me. I get a rather disjointed feel from their material, unlike say Into Eternity that can be far more schizophrenic and still make it work.

Thank you Glenn for addressing this.

For the record, l have never attacked Claus personally. On the contrary, l backed him & clarified an issue that occurred on another board. l did have a strong opinion of a band that is in his stable that he drew offense to and he went a little overboard in their defense. Understandable. He later apologized...it's all good.

Hmm...l don't remember asking anyone to respect my opinion or anything that l may post. But, it does bring me joy knowing many are entertained by reading it. l do feel validated.

All being said, l do hope many enjoy Raintime's performance at PPVIII. For those that won't, there are plenty of bands performing that will more than fill the void.

Wow...such drama...

Yes, this is in the modern melopowerdeath style so common these days, but Flies & Lies is more fun than most of those releases. The music has the requisite nods to the standard Depeche Mode era Soilwork and Children of Bodom as well a decent helping of the awesome Misery Inc., but Raintime has an airier feel to them. I get a hair metal vibe at times, and they have at least two Blind Guardian moments. To top off the party vibe, they cover Beat It. Death vocals dominate during verses, and clean vox are commonly utilized for the choruses. I did not get into their debut, but I am definitely liking this one. I look forward to seeing them at PPUSA.

Why they are so hyped over here is beyond me.

I'm looking for a bit of perspective on your personal tastes. Your posting pattern here indicates that you prefer progressive music. Do you enjoy traditional power metal? Death metal? Melodic metal? I ask that specifically in regards to band of those type of genres that are not progressive.

You posts indicates that you believe others have relased albums of this style better. What do you base that on? Strictly hooks or songwriting in that individual style? Or do progressive elements come into play for comparison?

As for why I disagree with you, I believe John Frank summed it up the best in a previous post in this thread.

Do you enjoy traditional power metal? Death metal? Melodic metal? I ask that specifically in regards to band of those type of genres that are not progressive.
Yes I enjoy a broad spectrum of genres. Here is the list of the last five titles I have reviewed:

1. Raintime - Flies & Lies
2. Savatage - The Wake of Magellan
3. Black Sabbath - Mob Rules
4. Sun Caged - Artemisa
5. Croatoan - Starkweather

I believe this should speak for itself. I love everything from doom to thrash to avant-garde to melodic metal. One thing I can't stomach is nu-metal, but I guess the majority of this board doesn't consist of nu-metal fans either.

You posts indicates that you believe others have relased albums of this style better. What do you base that on? Strictly hooks or songwriting in that individual style? Or do progressive elements come into play for comparison?

No, the lack of prog elements doesn't bother me. I just happen to believe that there are LOTS of bands in the individual style of Raintime that have released more interesting albums. I could list down my personal preferences, but I won't. In my personal opinion, the Raintime disc is average at best -- nothing to write home about.

Sorry I don't worship the new album as much as you guys. Guess I'm allowed to express my opinions on an album I don't consider super-amazing, no?

Thanks!

Ooops... as to whether I like the combination of power metal and melodic death. Yes I love it! Off the top of my head, Insomnium's Above the Weeping World is one of the finest melodic death metal discs recently released.

Guess I'm allowed to express my opinions on an album I don't consider super-amazing, no?

Thanks!

Was the word "not" suppose to be in that sentence?

Either way, there was no criticism at all from me of your review. I simply wanted to know where you were coming from since I disagree with you so much. Your comment about the forum ("here") does comes off as demeaning to those who do like it whether intended or not. If you are going to throw a blanket statement out like that, then you should probably turn your sensitivity down a notch on replies because some will not react well to a perceived elitist aura.

Your post would have not given me any pause had you left out the last comment about "here."

Your comment about the forum ("here") does comes off as demeaning to those who do like it whether intended or not. If you are going to throw a blanket statement out like that, then you should probably turn your sensitivity down a notch on replies because some will not react well to a perceived elitist aura.

Your post would have not given me any pause had you left out the last comment about "here."

Hehehe ... he also used the same word (whole post actually) on another forum, so I guess he's not that critical about which forum he is demeaning towards :)

Anyway, not all people can like the same music, so it's fair that batmura doesn't like Raintime - it's just good that we do like the band, huh Glenn? :headbang:

c.

I just happen to believe that there are LOTS of bands in the individual style of Raintime that have released more interesting albums.
Just out of curiosity, what would some of those titles be? I ask not to create more debate on the issue (PM your response if you prefer), I'm merely curious to see if this genre actually has anything left to offer.

Zod

Just out of curiosity, what would some of those titles be? I ask not to create more debate on the issue (PM your response if you prefer), I'm merely curious to see if this genre actually has anything left to offer.

Zod

Three that immediately come to my mind:

Misery Inc. - Random End
Scar Symmetry - Symmetric in Design
Fear My Thoughts - Hell Sweet Hell