New Rap Metal

Mars Imperial

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2016
Hello everyone,
Allow me to quickly introduce myself.
My name Is Mars I.M.P ( The IMP = Imperial) I am a 23 year old from England. I am half White and half Jamaican but not that it matters very much but hey ho.

So I'll begin with my early music experiences so i can paint a picture of how i tick. The first band I was ever introduced to was Trivium at the age of 14 and the song was called Rain. After this I was hooked. I began listening to all sorts like, Disturbed, Soil Work, Slipknot, Sonic Syndicate, LP, POD. I can keep this going but you get the general idea.

I was listening to metal before rap as I used to think the meaning of rap was shady and pretty crap in my opinion, that was until I found real hiphop and I fell in love with the lyrics composed by real artists.

So while I enjoy listening to both I think I prefer the raw emotion I feel when listening to metal but I love the lyrics and word play involved in Rap. As I have been writing hiphop for over 6 years now with a catalogue of songs and live performances under my belt. I have decided to combine the two together to create ( Rap Metal )
I would like to share my first demo tape I have created under this genre. I would like to hear your opinions and feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this all sound cloud links are below - Mars.

Hey dude that sounds pretty sick you got some tight rhymes. My band Dead Till Dawn are a metalcore/ Nu metal sounding band from Sydney, Australia and we experiment with rapping and metal as well I think that whole sound has to come back they fit so well together. If you want to you should check us out we have a few singles out now and our full length will be out soon. Here's the Bandcamp link we also have a facebook page as well if you wanna stay up to date with us https://www.facebook.com/Dead-till-dawn-137404083069367/ Thanks for reading hope you like what you hear :)