New record update (of sorts)

Hair%20Metal.jpg

Fashion in the 80's was definitely better.

Looks just about the same as 2010 fashion.

afi3350.jpg

Using two shit bands to illustrate an entire decade is stupid.
I don't even know who that 2010 band is, but I can tell from looking at them they're total shit.

EDIT: Wait, that isn't how Nitro look now is it?!

A conspiracy theory: The whole music and fashion business is run by gay people! :devil:

Last night, on TV, I was watching the movie BIG, with Tom Hanks....and i think IT was the TRUE everybody's fashion style in the 80's, look at this, it was horrible : color of ties, women haircuts, glasses....:puke:

But i don't think 90's was better :heh:

the 90's sucked, the most boring decade for rock music.

Boring ?...Pantera, Faith No More, Machine Head, Rage Against The Machine, Sepultura, Alice In Chains, Bruce Dickinson, Corrosion Of Conformity, Soundgarden....I'll agree that radio of the time was not geared towards Metal, one needed to do a bit of digging ...it was there. Not every band in the 90s was a Nada Surf or an Eve 6 .

Boring ?...Pantera, Faith No More, Machine Head, Rage Against The Machine, Sepultura, Alice In Chains, Bruce Dickinson, Corrosion Of Conformity, Soundgarden....I'll agree that radio of the time was not geared towards Metal, one needed to do a bit of digging ...it was there. Not every band in the 90s was a Nada Surf or an Eve 6 .

Strapping Young Lad, White Zombie, Helmet, Down, Type O Negative, Shelter, Biohazard, Black Label Society, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Blind Melon, ...

Also the reunions of Black Sabbath, Van Halen (well almost), Kiss, Spinal tap(!)...

Even fucking Bon Jovi was good in the 90's!

Pantera alone makes the 90's a good decade for rock music.

I'll give you that.

I think the 90's was great because it weeded out a lot of the metal bands that were glam or were out to try and sell out. Only the true metal bands are the ones that dared to continue playing metal music in a time that alternative and grunge was taking over the world

But some bands ... sorry BushThrax fans, like Anthrax decided to change directions in the 90's and they changed their sound instead of sticking to their metal guns. Those are the bands that struggled in the 90s. (Except for Metallica who got bigger)

But to me over all of the above mentioned stuff was the Death Metal scene in the early 90's. Bands like Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Obituary, Sepultura, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, etc etc. All of those bands put up their middle fingers to the grunge movement and played the most extreme for of metal that had ever been created.

From there spawned most of the extreme Black Metal bands, which I never got into. But they were certainly metal!

Then there was the hardcore scene from New York that exploded. Sick of It all, Agnostic Front, Madball, Biohazzard etc etc.

The 90's, especially early to mid 90's was great for extreme metal and hardcore bands.

Morbid Angel and Sepultura got signed to major label deals. That was unheard of.

So I think the 90's had some of the best underground metal and hardcore of any decade of music. 80's was the best for Thrash metal and just Heavy Metal in general. But the 90's was the best for extreme metal bands.

I'll give you that.

I think the 90's was great because it weeded out a lot of the metal bands that were glam or were out to try and sell out. Only the true metal bands are the ones that dared to continue playing metal music in a time that alternative and grunge was taking over the world

But some bands ... sorry BushThrax fans, like Anthrax decided to change directions in the 90's and they changed their sound instead of sticking to their metal guns. Those are the bands that struggled in the 90s. (Except for Metallica who got bigger)

But to me over all of the above mentioned stuff was the Death Metal scene in the early 90's. Bands like Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Obituary, Sepultura, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, etc etc. All of those bands put up their middle fingers to the grunge movement and played the most extreme for of metal that had ever been created.

From there spawned most of the extreme Black Metal bands, which I never got into. But they were certainly metal!

Then there was the hardcore scene from New York that exploded. Sick of It all, Agnostic Front, Madball, Biohazzard etc etc.

The 90's, especially early to mid 90's was great for extreme metal and hardcore bands.

Morbid Angel and Sepultura got signed to major label deals. That was unheard of.

So I think the 90's had some of the best underground metal and hardcore of any decade of music. 80's was the best for Thrash metal and just Heavy Metal in general. But the 90's was the best for extreme metal bands.
Dont forget maidenfanboy, POT was release in 1990!

I'll give you that.

I wouldn't hold the 90's up as being a great decade and cite Sepultura as an example. They released Arise in 1991 then spent the rest of the decade turning to complete shit. Obituary did the same, Cause of Death in 1990 then shite after it.
:erk:

I wouldn't hold the 90's up as being a great decade and cite Sepultura as an example. They released Arise in 1991 then spent the rest of the decade turning to complete shit. Obituary did the same, Cause of Death in 1990 then shite after it.
:erk:

Well I tend to agree with you on Sepultura, I wasn't a huge fan after Arise. But even though back then I didn't like it much, I now love Chaos AD even though it isn't as much speed/thrash metal as Arise and before. So I probably shouldn't use them as an example

Obituary - Cause of Death is one of my all time favorite Death Metal albums. But The End Complete is right up there next to it. The End Complete is one of the heaviest albums I have ever heard. World Demise was bad ass too just in a more 'punch you in the face' type of way.

But in no way did Obituary go to 'shit'. Even the albums they are putting out now are brutal. The Executioners Return was really good.

But all of that aside the Death Metal scene was huge in the early 90's and it lasted for quite a while until every band started sounding the same. I will take bands like Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse any day over any of these emo fag wanna be death metal bands out today.

But none the less the 90's were the best for Death Metal and Black Metal.