NEW REVIEWS - Aborted, Pestilence, Somnus & more

bloodfiredeath said:
At the time, the only band me and my friends had ever heard with death metal vocals was Death. Listening to Consuming Impulse, I thought "holy shit, someone else sounds like this too?!?!"
The magical thing about Testimony is that it doesn't even sound dated considering it is 12 years old. I think Scott Burns has something to do with that also. Anyway, does Consuming Impulse also stand the test of time?

JayKeeley said:
The magical thing about Testimony is that it doesn't even sound dated considering it is 12 years old. I think Scott Burns has something to do with that also. Anyway, does Consuming Impulse also stand the test of time?
Yes, absolutely. My quote from the other thread was "It still amazes me how ahead of it's time this album was."

The production on Testimony is a little bit better, and I do think that Consuming could do with a re-mastering job, but it's a minor complaint at best.

It's not quite as technical as Testimony, but the riffs are outstanding and Van Drunen's vocals are some of the all time best. If you heard Malleus and not Consuming, his vocals are very different from one to the other. Again, it's my personal favorite Pestilence album. I would honestly recommend it before Testimony, even though I love both.