GENITAL GRINDER - Genital Grinder
NOVEMBERS DOOM - To Welcome The Fade [Classics Section]
OCTOBER FALLS - Tuoni [Unsung Heroes Section]
THALES - Promo 2003 [Unsung Heroes Section]
TIAMAT - Prey
WINDIR - Likferd

NEW INTERVIEW

MORK GRYNING - Papa Josh interviews Goth Gorgon

NEW LIVE REPORT (at last, a new report!)

CANNIBAL CORPSE / HYPOCRISY / EXHUMED / VILE: Key Club, LA by NAD

:Spin:

I mean... this thing makes Bitter Suites to Succubi sound like Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.
Wow. I like Cradle of Filth, and I fucking HATED that album, so I suppose Finnugor can be safely skipped by me. :D

Dwelling sounds intriguing, can I get a fancy bottle of champagne and a brunette instead though? :loco:

Indirect comparisons to Jormundgand just put Windir on the list.

And also I know it's an old review, but it's now on the front review page, and Aeturnas is definitely on the list.

October Falls:
*At time of publishing review, there were only 4 digipak copies left. An absolute collectors item this will now become - mark my words.*
Ulver fans NEED this.

I am surprised at that Decapitated review. If they did not have the impressive previous releases behind their belts, I might have liked it more. But as it stands next to the other two this is just boring and does not warrant many replays.

They are still trying to find their sound and right now all I can compare it to is One Kill Wonder, which was just as lazy a release as this.

It's definitely not nearly as good as Nihility. But honestly, I didn't expect it to be. When you release one of the best albums of all time, the odds are highly in favor of disappointing when the next album. That said, I really like it. If reviewing, and there's a reason I don't, I'd probably give it around an 8.5 or a 9, not as high as PJ, but still pretty darn good.

The One Kill Wonder comparison is fucking harsh! :)

NAD said:
And also I know it's an old review, but it's now on the front review page, and Aeturnas is definitely on the list.
erm, it's been in that same place for about a month, but glad you liked either way ma man!

October Falls: Ulver fans NEED this.
And Empyrium, Tenhi, and Nest. I'll be interviewing M Lehto soon too, just to help spread the word further on October Falls. Looking forward to the second part of the trilogy...

From the Novembers Doom review...

Chief B said:
I like the fact that each track has an agenda and that it delivers on its promise, instead of going off at a tangent – which was always my biggest gripe with OPETH, where they really just became a band that could tie several acts together without paying much attention to the overall storyline.

After the stuff I've been listening to lately, I'm beginning to feel this more and more as of late.

JayKeeley said:
erm, it's been in that same place for about a month, but glad you liked either way ma man!
Now = NAD just noticed it. :loco: I don't think I've come across that one before though, glad I did. My wallet isn't, but screw him anyhow!

Burst just didn't do anything for me. I know it's been highly praised and I really tried to see something really great about it but I just didn't. Started to get a little better about the 5th time through, but not a whole lot. I'll put it in the Atrox pile though (the pile where I'll come back to it later and see what I think after the fact).

As for the ELS rating, JayKeeley and I actually haggled over what to do with that one, glad you like the final decision. :dopey:

@Novembers Paul: Thanks very much for your kind comments. It means a lot to us at RC that bands, such as yourselves, take the time to give us positive feedback on our reviews.