NEW UPLOAD: Woods of Ypres Interview, and lots of reviews...

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
The painters are in - it's that time of the week, arf arf....

New Interview:

WOODS OF YPRES - Interview by Erik

New Reviews:

ADAMANTER - The Shadow Mirror
GOATSBLOOD - Drull
MYSTIC PROPHECY - Regressus
NEGURA BUNGET - Maiastru Sfetnic
RUNE - The End of Nothing [Staff Pick of the Week]
SADUS EUPHORIA - Instinct | Obsession
WOLFCRY - Nightbreed

Unsung Heroes (both very much worth checking out):

WOODS OF YPRES - Against the Seasons
DAMON MORDER - Another Chapter in the Book of Empty Pages

Should keep you occupied for a while. :tickled:

Great Negurã review there. It'd be great if we could have the complete Negurã catalog reviewed...

JayKeeley said:
Might I remind you, this is not the equivalent of an American band reading articles about, say, ancient Egypt and turning them into song lyrics. NEGURÃ BUNGET are the real deal.
"Hello, Nile" :D

Erik said:
Great Negurã review there. It'd be great if we could have the complete Negurã catalog reviewed...
Thanks. I agree, I think we need to get the debut and demo completed. Also, please let me know when you get the Makrothumia - I'm very keen to hear your thoughts. I think it is also worthy of review.

"Hello, Nile" :D
Heh, I like them, but it is a bit tacky if you think about it. Do you think they've ever been? Maybe one of those coach tours where you never leave the bus?

JayKeeley said:
Thanks. I agree, I think we need to get the debut and demo completed. Also, please let me know when you get the Makrothumia - I'm very keen to hear your thoughts. I think it is also worthy of review.
Yeah, as I said in a recent e-mail to you I received the package today, and I just listened to three songs or so of Makrothumia a couple of minutes ago. I like it. Can definitely hear that there are Negurã guys behind it... I could really see this appeal to lots of fans of technical/progressive death metal, shame more people haven't heard about them.

JayKeeley said:
Heh, I like them, but it is a bit tacky if you think about it. Do you think they've ever been? Maybe one of those coach tours where you never leave the bus?
I actually have a magazine with a Nile interview where Karl (I believe) says that he's never been to Egypt but that it's one of his big goals in life. Nevertheless, I much prefer Nile's subject matters to the "Excreting Fermented Vaginal Discharge" sort of standard death metal subjects...

Erik said:
Can definitely hear that there are Negurã guys behind it... I could really see this appeal to lots of fans of technical/progressive death metal, shame more people haven't heard about them.
There's not much info on them either - I've been trying to correspond with Negru, but he's a tough chap to get a hold of. I want to get their demo. I'll ask lurch70 if he can help out perhaps.

I actually have a magazine with a Nile interview where Karl (I believe) says that he's never been to Egypt but that it's one of his big goals in life. Nevertheless, I much prefer Nile's subject matters to the "Excreting Fermented Vaginal Discharge" sort of standard death metal subjects...
For sure. I love Nile. Album of the year 2002 for me.

Damn, I really really need some Negura now.

I happen to love the Egyptian theme of Nile, but I would love the band regardless of what the subject matter was.

NAD said:
Damn, I really really need some Negura now.
Even if you're not prepared to listen to it just yet, you MUST order 'N Crugu Bradului now. It comes in handmade packaging and will one day become a rarity, just as Maiastru Sfetnic has become. Easily in my top 3 spot for 2003.

Honestly, who dares to argue with me?

*silence ensues*

I believe regular jewelcase versions of 'N Crugu Bradului are in circulation now... Better hurry if you want the deluxe one, yeah.
There were only 3000 copies made of the handmade one.

Oddly enough, Code666 claims that 'ncrugu has been one of the slowest selling releases they had ?!?!?

I much prefer Nile's subject matters to the "Excreting Fermented Vaginal Discharge" sort of standard death metal subjects...
Hey, at least some of the Carcass boys were in medical school ... weren't they?

To me Nile is the biggest crock of shit. Fucking singing about Egypt ... you are from freaking NC for Christ' sake ... lol

There's not much info on them either - I've been trying to correspond with Negru, but he's a tough chap to get a hold of. I want to get their demo. I'll ask lurch70 if he can help out perhaps.
jay ... email me regarding this and what exactly you need from them ... I know you mentioned you wanted to do an interview. Let me email Negru, he usually responds pretty quick.

I don't think Carcass really were med students, not sure though. Jeff Walker is an accountant now though, so who knows?
lurch70 said:
To me Nile is the biggest crock of shit. Fucking singing about Egypt ... you are from freaking NC for Christ' sake ... lol
Blasphemy! ;)

HarmonyDies.... said:
Thank you Erik for helping a Canadian band :)
Yeah, I hope you lot are reading up on our unsigned artists reviews - Woods of Ypres, Damon Morder, and Intense all have great demos out. I mean, better than most signed artists, believe me.