New Rustmouth tune for your listening pleasure

Hapexamendios

The Cleansing Fire
Mar 18, 2002
In the realm of emptiness
Visit site
OK, here's a new one we've had completed for a month or so. I can't quite seem to get the fizziness out of the guitars....arghh. I apparently am really stupid when it comes to EQing. I like the song, I'm just not sure I'm crazy about the tone. Any thoughts on how to improve? I'm an idiot so please bear with me. ;-)

BTW, the song is called Lunacy. Thanks for any critiques....I think the drums could be stronger as well...they seem a tad repetitive...anyway throw in your $.02

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=499474

Thanks!

KeithRT99 said:
maybe a lpf at around 12k-ish

+1. And if it still doesn't clean up as much as you like, try to find where the fizz is using a notch filter and bring it down enough so that the guitars can go up a bit in the mix. Other than that it sounds fine I guess.

I think it sounds great like all your other tunes! :headbang:

Sure there's the fizz we all know by now.. that's the POD for ya... :cool:

But i like the kick the most.. fits in nice with the low end of the mix.. nice!

Are there going to be vocals on these songs soon?

Black neon bob said:
I think it sounds great like all your other tunes! :headbang:

Sure there's the fizz we all know by now.. that's the POD for ya... :cool:

But i like the kick the most.. fits in nice with the low end of the mix.. nice!

Are there going to be vocals on these songs soon?

I hope so, dude. We have lyrics for Lunacy at least!!! I'm just trying to figure out if I want to sing it (and possibly suck at it!) or find someone else who is much more polished than me to do it.

BTW, of course, the kick is Andy's. :kickass: BTW, really digging the new TGM tune! You rule, as always! Later