NEW SAMPLES AT evergrey.net mainpage comments ?

The fist thing that came into my head when I heard "Still in the water" was: Slipknot.
Both the gtr-sound, the riff and Tom´s strange sounds (Aaaahhh...) is verry Slipknot....

and I don´t like the effects on Toms voice...it´s drowning the original voice somehow...

NoSoup4you said:
These riffs are way generic and it sounds very commercial overall. HULK SMASH!

dude,turn UP the volume when listening to these clips,and give them a few spins....you'll see what I mean.no matter what people like you say,THIS is evergrey! and its loveable!

and im hungover and wanna cuddle btw;)

TallNerdKid said:
I'm pumped to hear the full album. Judging from the review, this album should have more than just what the samples represent. "Still In the Water" doesn't really do much for me as of now, but the other two samples, especially "Unspeakable" caught my ear. Sure, the title track doesn't sound like it is going to be as heavy as past installments, but I am definitely hearing a little bit of the past albums in this one. It seems like it may be more vocal and melodic, which isn't always a bad thing, considering that Tom can convey a great range of emotions with his voice. Probably not as progressive, but still Evergrey, and that's all that matters. I guess it just all comes down to whether or not you like Evergrey from a musical, lyrical, emotional, or "popularity" standpoint.
That wasn't a "review", especially since it was made by a fanboi.

DragonofBlood said:
Hmm.

I'm confused. These clips sound like they are trying to commercialize the Evergrey sound, but still "stay grey". It feels kind of disjointed. The singing style (which is getting ever more and more commercial) doesn't feel like it matches the heaviness of the riffs.

Some of the riffs show the old Evergrey that we all love, but at some points I am half expecting Tom to bust a mad phat rhyme, yo.

Have to wait until an entire song is posted to make a proper judgment though. These are just initial feelings on the clips.

Yeah, there is something that doesn't sound right about them. While I know clips don't usually reflect the music, at least they would get me excited for the next album. In this case, I'm not excited at all. Good to see some people here tell the truth instead of the "It's Evergrey...and I don't know anything about this album, but it's gonna rock!!!" They are actually trying to suck up to Tom, as if he knows them and cares about them. Same thing goes down on the Anthrax board. It's an endless ass-kissing fest. Similarly, controversial stars get interviewed by Barbara Walters because of the softball questions, or more recent, Dick Cheney getting interviewed by Fox news.

Kiss a little less ass, people. Being objective is what counts and that kind of input is what is important.

sknight said:

Yeah, there is something that doesn't sound right about them. While I know clips don't usually reflect the music, at least they would get me excited for the next album. In this case, I'm not excited at all. Good to see some people here tell the truth instead of the "It's Evergrey...and I don't know anything about this album, but it's gonna rock!!!" They are actually trying to suck up to Tom, as if he knows them and cares about them. Same thing goes down on the Anthrax board. It's an endless ass-kissing fest. Similarly, controversial stars get interviewed by Barbara Walters because of the softball questions, or more recent, Dick Cheney getting interviewed by Fox news.

Kiss a little less ass, people. Being objective is what counts and that kind of input is what is important.

wow... you've managed to connect the new Evergrey album to the Dick Cheney hunting accident in one paragraph... very impressive...

while you tell fans of the band not to "kiss ass"... you also insinuate that opinions similar to yours are the only valid opinions... anyone who enjoys the new clips is obviously a delusional fanboy... whose judgment is impaired because of a desire to kiss Tom's ass...

while the music may not appeal to you... it may appeal to others... whether they be longtime fans or people that have never heard Evergrey before... and you should respect their opinions... instead of feeling threatened that somebody out there might like some music that doesn't adhere to your particular guidelines... perhaps you should redirect your energies in a more constructive manner...

sknight said:

I like it dude, I think it sounds promising. And I don't need anyone’s approval to say that. That's how fucking objective it gets.

I agree about the special effects on his voice. It really does kill them. I mean, they are cool sometimes, but after the last 2 songs on The Inner Circle, I never want to hear that voice again. I love The Inner Circle, actually I was obsessed with it at one point and it made an impression on me, but the last 2 songs are just rediculous. He kind of sounds retarded after talking so much in that special effects voice. So I hope they dont continue with using a lot of the special effects on the voice on this album, but judging from the clips, it will be there.

ProgMetalFan said:
wow... you've managed to connect the new Evergrey album to the Dick Cheney hunting accident in one paragraph... very impressive...

while you tell fans of the band not to "kiss ass"... you also insinuate that opinions similar to yours are the only valid opinions... anyone who enjoys the new clips is obviously a delusional fanboy... whose judgment is impaired because of a desire to kiss Tom's ass...

while the music may not appeal to you... it may appeal to others... whether they be longtime fans or people that have never heard Evergrey before... and you should respect their opinions... instead of feeling threatened that somebody out there might like some music that doesn't adhere to your particular guidelines... perhaps you should redirect your energies in a more constructive manner...
They are when I limit them to talking about the people here that only care of the Evergrey brand label being stuck on a stinker of a disc. More like the Dream Theater fans that only care about seeing their band name on anything, regardless of how bad it is. Then the band goes ahead and makes an album up about how tough their lives are and how bad their fans are :tickled:

sknight said:

Title of topic I was referring to: "Evergrey- Monday Morning Apocalypse (review/spoilers inside)" Sorry, I don't want to start a pissing contest, but I just want to clarify my point of view.

Who else is going to wait for the official album to come out instead of checking out the leaked version? Anyone? Just wait it out, it's not that hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if there *are* bootleg copies floating around already; TIC was available on the p2p networks a couple weeks before it was released, too.

All I'm gonna say is if you find it and download it ahead of the release date, PLEASE buy it as well when it comes out. If you don't like it, delete it. :p

I love the song samples! I'm already addicted to the songs, just like with every evergrey song, the first time I heard it!:) Ordered the single today, and I can't wait to by the album!

sknight said:
Good to see some people here tell the truth instead of the "It's Evergrey...and I don't know anything about this album, but it's gonna rock!!!"

It6's funny... All those 'real' fans at some moment start hating everything the band does after some album... No matter if it's good or bad, they only critisizing it... Of course, I'm not telling one must like every album, but it's strange. Does every band become crap after first two albums???

sounds fine to me. I am exxcited to heaar the full album. I agree that jonas really dosent = sweet victory. The sound of the kit was reproduced well though. I like toms voice. THe samples are very well produced and the structure of the songs remind me of RD a little. I wish all the best>

TallNerdKid said:
Who else is going to wait for the official album to come out instead of checking out the leaked version? Anyone? Just wait it out, it's not that hard.

I never download.. But I'm not gonna wait until the release date.. Got a promo coming my way.. And I can't wait to get it..:loco: