New SAXON...

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Cover art, tracklisting, label and release date at Bravewords.com

http://www.bravewords.com/news/158075

I usually find the Saxon discs to have great artwork since the last 20 years but I'm really not sure about this one...

In anyways, I don't really care about the art, I can't wait to listen to the new album from one of my fave bands, and the best of the "old" bands IMO.

Saxon rules.

Guillaume

I really wish these guys would do a proper US tour already.
I think it would do fine if they had a drawing co-headliner, like Grave Digger, or someone of the sorts.

How amazing would a Motorhead / Saxon co-heading run be?
Add a younger band, like Grand Magus or something, and that would equal mass success!!!

I think it would do fine if they had a drawing co-headliner, like Grave Digger, or someone of the sorts.

Add a younger band, like Grand Magus or something, and that would equal mass success!!!

I'd settle for a single festival appearance. You know, something on the East Coast, not too huge, but with a reputation for bringing top tier European metal bands. Or am I being too subtle?

Unfortunately, my guess is that Iowa festival fisaco a couple years back probably made the band very gun-shy about coming back here.

I completely agree with this. Or if they could support an arena band like Maiden in North America. But I think the "big" bands would fear that Saxon would steal the show, as they're so great live...

SAXON? Fuck, yeah! I've loved this band since The Power and the Glory when I was in eighth grade. I've only seen them once at the March Metal Meltdown in N.J. for Killing Ground. I'd love to see them in a proper setting like Progpower, though. Glenn would treat them right instead of dealing with a douche like Koshick.

They toured in support of "Unleash the Beast." I saw them with about 30 other people in attendance. If that was representative of the turnout everywhere it's unlikely they'd invest in another tour.

They toured in support of "Unleash the Beast." I saw them with about 30 other people in attendance. If that was representative of the turnout everywhere it's unlikely they'd invest in another tour.

UTB was more or less their "resurrection" album I think. Since then, they kept releasing very good stuff so I'd suspect the attendance would surely be better. Of course, never what they get in Europe though, which is sad cause they just rule live. I think back in these years Biff mentioned they had a crowd of around 8,000 at some place (Texas?) and then about 50 people the day after in another state and venue...

What was that, 1999 or so? I think the band and the metal scene have had something of a resurgence since then.

You know I've been praying for them to tour here. As we've said before, I'm surprised with all the times Motorhead has toured with them that they haven't done so here. While Grave Digger would be cool, I doubt that would happen, but fuck that would be awesome if it did. That would scratch off two bands I really want to see for the price of one.

And having said that I'm obviously really looking forward to this release. Outside of their funk during part of the 80s, they're really one of the most consistent metal bands of the old guard. I do agree though, that artwork is strange for them.

Simon - In the past 10 years, they had about 3 House of Blues shows booked in Chicago, which were ultimately canceled.

Yeah, the last time they played the Chicago-land area was at Riley's Rock House. I was not there, but I heard no more than 50 people were in the building.

Look, we all love them, but headlining, I doubt they would draw more than 150 people.

The new CD cover is as sexy as Biff Byford himself! :lol:

Stream the new Saxon single here:

www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155494&h=b48e1

I rather like it. Right in line with Saxon's current releases, which is right up my alley. Byford still has the pipes. And I think Biff is a rather handsome fellow for his age, hahaha. Despite them having headliner status on the Metal Cruise, I found attendance to their shows a bit disappointing. Especially the second gig where they did Strong Arm of the Law. By the end of the show the crowd had thinned out so much, it was ridiculous.

Stream the new Saxon single here:

www.roadrunnerrecords.com%2Fblabbermouth.net%2Fnews.aspx%3Fmode%3DArticle%26newsitemID%3D155494&h=b48e1

I rather like it. Right in line with Saxon's current releases, which is right up my alley. Byford still has the pipes. And I think Biff is a rather handsome fellow for his age, hahaha. Despite them having headliner status on the Metal Cruise, I found attendance to their shows a bit disappointing. Especially the second gig where they did Strong Arm of the Law. By the end of the show the crowd had thinned out so much, it was ridiculous.

The new song rocks!! Same style as the latest albums, which is great for me. Can't wait to hear the whole disc.

:kickass: