new shirt has cigarette smell

AtmoBirdy

New Metal Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hello peeps!

Today I received a new Discouraged Ones t-shirt that I recently purchased from Ebay, and the nearly perfect moment of savoring my newfound love with my first Katatonia shirt was soon enough ruined (or at least quickly laced with a bad aftertaste that just shouldn't be there). I noticed that the shirt had a peculiar smell that I've never noticed with new shirts-or other clothing in general-before; it smelled suspiciously like cigarettes...

At first I thought it might be the large wonderful graphic on the front and back of the shirt, but soon realized that the shirt had the smell all over. it's particularly evident when I was standing in front of the mirror, wearing it. Not so much from a distance of about a foot. But what if I wear it in public and some people have a really good sense of smell?

Anyway, what do you Katatoniacs think about this? Should I mention it to the seller? Should I ask for a refund or exchange?

Thanks,
Alex

if the guy smokes (in his house) then its gonna smell of cigarellos. Strangely enough this post reminds me of when i bought discouraged ones almost 10 years ago 2nd hand from ebay (in the times when you couldnt get it in the uk) and it stank of cigarettes, i didnt put it in the wash though :lol:. Just wash it and it will be fine. :Smokin::Smokin::Smokin:

Anyway, what do you Katatoniacs think about this? Should I mention it to the seller? Should I ask for a refund or exchange?

Thanks,
Alex

Honestly I would be really pissed I cannot stand the smell, If the seller has a return adress I recommend sending him a nice stool sample, this way its even. :kickass:

Honestly I would be really pissed I cannot stand the smell, If the seller has a return adress I recommend sending him a nice stool sample, this way its even. :kickass:

b8905592.gif

damn that sucks, i dunno id leave neutral feedback, saying item in great condition, but STANKS like cigarettes (or......more formal if you like)