New Silverchair

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Anyone have Diarama?
I was listening to it today at work. It sounds pretty cool, I might grab a copy. I love the first song.
In my opinions, Silverchair have grwon tremendously as a band. They are much more capable songwriters, and performers now than what they were when they did Frogstomp.

I also looked in the booklet, and was surprised to see just how much Daniel Johns does in that band. He plays geetar, sings, harpsicord, piano....... he wrote all of the songs, music and lyrics, plus he co-produced the album.

BLOODY silverchair :mad: They have turned into f**king Crowded House and are too busy being "artists" now to rock.....

Ill still get the new album, but I dont have very high hopes for it. I think they peaked with Freakshow personally :cry:

I like their new stuff...... but I secretly long for the angsty heavy rock of days past :D

Its true, the first single is good, I didnt like it at first, but have grown to appreciate it, I havent heard the album yet (getting it Friday) but I dont think its going to be rocky and it SHOULD be, they can be "artists" when they are 50, you should rock while you are young, just ask Metallica! Silverchair are ahead of schedule dammit! :D

Maybe they are slowing up Because whatshisname the singer has some Viral arthritis in his hands..apprently contracted it when he had Anorexia. That would make ya slow down a bit you couldn't play as good i would think??

You know Moony, I thought the same thing about Daniel Johns being on the verge of a musical genious. He is only my bloody age, and look at what he has accomplished!
I could believe when I read the liner notes from the new album. He does everything! And he will continue to get better!

If you aint going to buy the album, see if you can download the song "Across the Night". Its the first song on the album. His voice sounds GREAT on that track. When he sings the chorus "Across the night..... Across the NIGGHHT", he really shines. Beatiful orchestrations too. It kinda has a funky jazzy bluesy symphony feel to it!

I always thought he was a musical genius, ive got all their albums (2 copies of Neon Ballroom too :) ) all their singles and some bootlegs as well :headbang:

Silverchair rule :D

Hmm well im listening to the cd now, and he does that stupid high voice a lot....

Methinks ill be ranting and bitching SEVERELY about this album if it doesnt improve from track 5 onwards...... Just warning you lot, prepare yourself, for Spawny could get nasty....

It wont be on my shopping list.I have the first 2 CD's adn quite enjoy them(especially the first one) but their performance at this years BiGDayOut was just boring!They used to be great live several years ago(i probably saw them about 6 times when they and the first 2 CD's and they were excellent every single time.i wouldn't go see them play live again

Hi Moonchild!

Ralphe you nailed it, they used to rule the stage live, but since Neon Ballroom (which is a great album) they havent been the same :(

Tim: You shall see my rant on this album soon enough, trust me :)