Fans of Porcupine Tree and Silverchair...

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
I present you with Deepfield, a band from South Carolina.

On July 24, In De Goot Recordings will release Archetypes And Repetition, the debut recording of South Carolina’s Deepfield. The band is comprised of singer/guitarist Baxter Teal III, lead guitarist J. King, bassist Dawson Huss and drummer Russell Lee. Influenced as much by Silverchair as they are by Porcupine Tree, the debut contains 12 cuts that range from crystalline pop to Hard Rock and even ends with a cover of En Vogue’s “Don’t Let Go” that turns this radio hit totally inside-out, mining its inner rock’n’roll soul. The first single, “Get It,” will be released June 12.

Producers Skidd Mills and Paul Ebersol have worked with ZZ Top, Saliva, Three Doors Down, Third Day, Sister Hazel and a myriad of Memphis blues practitioners. The Deepfield sound is a multi-layered pastiche of hard-driving guitars, melodic piano inventions, vocal harmonies and unerring electric guitar solo inventions that stir the senses.

Teal’s worldview on the album is skewed towards the rebellious. He questions the validity of religion (“The Silence”) and emo (“Dead Horse”), and rails out at former associates who told him he wasn’t good enough (“Into The Flood”). The name of the band comes from that darkest part of the cosmos where, in 1997, the Hubble telescope discovered over 1,500 galaxies previously unknown. Teal: “We now know not only that the universe isn’t infinite, but what the far end of it looks like as well. The image is basically a still frame of the beginning of time. Is there really anything more relevant than that?”

Teal and co. put it all together on this eclectic sonic adventure. For all the pop majesty of a song like “Fall Apart,” there’s the rock aesthetic of tracks like the in-your-face “44 Teeth” and the no-note-wasted “Dreams.” The band, in fact, represents 2007’s new eclecticism, soaking up inspiration from a widely disparate list of sources to create an individualistic sound that’s perfectly uncategorizable.

Track Listing:

01. Innocence
02. 4 Teeth
03. Get It
04. Wayside
05. Fall Apart
06. The Bleeding
07. Into The Flood
08. Your Forever
09. The Silence
10. Dead Horse (The Love Between Us)
11. Dreams
12. Don’t Let Go

if you want to hear the whole album that is streamed online then go to this site:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/press_releases/archetypes_and_repetition_by_deepfield_streaming_online.html

I am overwhelmed by the support the band has in this thread. /sarcasm

Decent enough stuff. Some songs I like. Some I don't. Some channel Vendetta Red, which is cool.

Can definitely hear the influences mentioned in their press release or whatever. Just not sure how much I can get into this. Its a little slow and boring at times, but I often enjoy those more when I really get into them and focus hard on them.