New slayer track

Alteredmindeath said:
This new Slayer album should be damn good, I wonder if their will be another terrorist attack on the release date. I wouldn't expect Opeth fans to enjoy them, since half of this forum listens to Opeth for the acoustic parts, also alot of people on this forum only metal band they listen to is Opeth. Slayer is a little to scary for the in the closet christian Opeth fans.

SATAN LAUGHS AS YOU ETERNALLY ROT

Hopefully there won't another terrorist attack. Opeth fans could enjoy Slayer, just I find them boring and repetative, people listen to Opeth for the variety and most people on this forum listen to a lot more than just metal music, gain for variety, which is something Slayer don't have. And what the fuck would being a Christain possible have to do with someone's opinion on Metal?

And sorry but Slayer simply is not an acronym, 17 year old hardcore kids (Slayer was better as a hardcore band) simply aren't that witty or care that much about anything.

The main reasons I don't like the new slayer as much is because of the lyrics.
Kerry King needs to stop writing the lyrics and leave it to Jeff or Tom.
They've got some good riffs, but when Kerry goes into one of his leads, I do this:puke:

Slayer regardless of what they have become....are still a big influence on my music. The early shit was simpy awesome.

Post Seasons..... I could have did without. I like parts of Diabolus ,but thats about it. I prefer Jeffs songs to Kerrys.... esp regarding lyrics. I dont listen to Slayer to hear the word fuck 180 times in an album. lol

I will probably buy the new album just to keep my collection whole ,but I doubt it will get many spins.

INFAMOUS, BUTCHER... ANGEL OF DEATH!!!!!!!!! hahaha
I've got a mate who sculled back nearly a whole bottle of Black Label Johnny Walker while Tom's scream at the start of Angel of death was playing once...!!! ...Its safe to say he was pretty motherfucked after that...
I caught it all on film though so that was a bonus

Isn't it true though, it seems like most Opeth fans don't like Slayer. Probably because of some sort of high horse or this thing called "musicality," pff. Since when did music become an important aspect of a band, I scoff at "true" musicians.:heh:

Last day a friend of mine made me watch a video o Lombardo , he was like wow!! but I really got bored. Cause he wasn't making music , thats the main reason. He was damn fast but music is much much more important than speed. And Lombardo's drums is all over the Slayer's music. Simple , fast but soulles riffs.

Otherwise you can listen Porcupine Tree's Intermediat Jesus ( Remastered one ). The drums there is really fantastic. Melodic , sometimes fast , sometimes slow. Unlike Slayer.

And anyway I am not that into trash metal scene for years. Sorry if was not respectful for your taste of music.

Slayer101 said:
The main reasons I don't like the new slayer as much is because of the lyrics.
Kerry King needs to stop writing the lyrics and leave it to Jeff or Tom.

Totally agree.

Musically they're just fine but King's a bit too thick to write words that appeal to anyone but the most witless of kids that have just discovered the genre, I reckon, and that just fucking wrecks it.

Guys I have given my answer to you about Slayers music , its on the prev. page. Just don't start readin from the last page :erk:

Slayer101 said:
when Kerry goes into one of his leads, I do this:puke:

kerry king was slagging of kirk hammett;'s axe skills i believe. yeah like KK is a better guitarist LOL

pick scratch
whammy bar abuse
divebomb
noise, widdly diddly fiddly
more noise
whammy bar
some finger tapping
incorporate more unstructured termolo picking
more whammy bar

that is a KK solo. what a muppet. those anti solos were cool for a few albums, now it just shows thats all he can do.

KH and KK both suck. Why didn't that idiot Nathan Gale shoot one of them instead of Dimebag :erk:

Opethian666 said:
KH and KK both suck. Why didn't that idiot Nathan Gale shoot one of them instead of Dimebag :erk:

you're a guitarist right? I know you are cos we had a discussion about it before. My question to you is this....

Do you truthfully believe kirk hammett sucks as a guitar player?

If so, are you a better player than him?

If not, how much does that make you suck?

just curious....

when evaluating music, we compare musicians to their peers, not to ourselves

to say that someone sucks means he sucks worse than other bands, not worse than oneself

Metallica sucks, so they're worse than Megadeth and Testament, and to make any reference to me the critic is puerile, invalid, trite, and fucking stupid

Now Metallica may suck much worse than Megadeth or Testament, but back in the Ride the Lightning days they were much better.
And you've got to remember that Dave Mustaine played in Metallica during Kill em' All.

you're a guitarist right? I know you are cos we had a discussion about it before. My question to you is this....

Do you truthfully believe kirk hammett sucks as a guitar player?

If so, are you a better player than him?

If not, how much does that make you suck?

just curious....

You have to understand, there's a difference between now, and the past. I really like the solos on MoP for example, there's no doubt in my mind that they take both skill to play and to come up with, as they fit beautifully with the music. But... I'm also pretty sure, from the live footage I've seen, that today, Kirk Hammett kind of sucks. He can't even play his own older solos decent anymore and he doesn't come up with any good new solos. Added to that, I have only been playing the guitar for 2 years, and he has been playing it for at least 20 years, so yes, I have every right to say that he sucks at this moment in time. And definitely when compared to a legend like Dimebag Darrell.