New Slipknot single release Oct 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell said:
Nu-metallers Slipknot are due to release their new single ‘Vermilion’ on October 18th. To mark the release Roadrunner Records has designed a new ecard to promote it, with 9 sections, including an interactive ‘Who Wants To Be A Vermilionaire’ quiz, a gold disc competition, new photos, a clip of the new video, and a 2-track e-player

Slipknot has only made like 2 good songs so I would'nt be excited about a new album by them.

Ostinato said:
OK fuckers im new...This my first post because after reading what half these douche bags had to say about SlipKnot I just needed to register to this site... First things off. Half of you cunts dont know shit about good music. SlipKnot plainly put blows ass. They do not have any talent whatsoever. First of all there are like 12 members and 4dont do shit or something like that..What in the fuck is that all about. All of you are bandwagon fans in a sense of music. One person likes it the rest follow. The people that think SlipKnot is a talented band are the same as the clouded minded people that think rap takes talent. Country takes more talent..

And if you are wondering what music i listen 2 is Progressive Metal. Only thing worth mentioning..Bands that actually have talent . Know and use the ability of time signature changes... And fucking know how to play. Im im really stoked that They Have Into Eternity fans on here..Because they kick ass .Thats a fucking band with talent not slipknot.So no more talk about that shitty music. fucking "nu-metal" . All these shitty sub genres...Its pathetic. Nu metal is as fucking gay as emo. I mean how can you group music as emotional.. All fucking music that has talented muscians is emotional. They put their soul and life into that music. All these douche bags running this naming of bands in genres is a moron. All music today should be grouped under "Pure-Shit"

I don't really see why a band needs to completely excel in their musical ability in order to create music. If needing to be a virtuoso in order to perform applied to everything, most of art would die. Case in point: if voicing an opinion required excellent grammatical ability, you'd be told to shut up.

this thread was made October 7th, 2004. Why are you guys keeping it alive? The single came out already. Get over it, everybody, both sides of the argument. If some one likes it then cool, if some doesn't then cool. Nobody on here is going to pursuade any body into liking or not liking any one. It won't change your life any if some one does or doesn't like Slipknot.

(I know I know, I am a hypocrate for even replying, but no body wants to let this thread die)

Skipknots knew single "vermilion" isnt that good. I bought there CD for some reason. I realy didnt like it, It was quite crappy. See Slipknot is just poser mettal. Some of there songs are good like "evrything ends" but that is about it. The only good thing about slipknot is the druming. But we all know that the best band ever is Iron maiden! See they have tallent. See they play there instrements they dont just get like 600 people call it a band and start beeting on there instruments and yell like idiots!
Oh and slipknot isnt "nu mettal" it is "rapcore" but lables are retarted there isnt much of a point. Oh and if you think that I dont like slipknot cause they are to heavy you r retarted because I like Cradle of filth, at the gates and Arch enemy those bands are way heavyer than slipknot and they dont suck!

the red in the sky is ours said:
Skipknots knew single "vermilion" isnt that good. I bought there CD for some reason. I realy didnt like it, It was quite crappy. See Slipknot is just poser mettal. Some of there songs are good like "evrything ends" but that is about it. The only good thing about slipknot is the druming. But we all know that the best band ever is Iron maiden! See they have tallent. See they play there instrements they dont just get like 600 people call it a band and start beeting on there instruments and yell like idiots!
Oh and slipknot isnt "nu mettal" it is "rapcore" but lables are retarted there isnt much of a point. Oh and if you think that I dont like slipknot cause they are to heavy you r retarted because I like Cradle of filth, at the gates and Arch enemy those bands are way heavyer than slipknot and they dont suck!

Believe me, nobody here dislikes them because they are "too heavy". It gets alot heavier here than Cradle of Filth, At the Gates and Arch Enemy.

I was shocked to find this is a topic.

Slipknot consists of 9 men jumping around in costumes crying out 666, so the 15 year old goth kiddies that listen to Manson with be like, " He said 666! My mom doesn't like that! I love this band! "
Out of 9 members, not a hint of even potential talent. That, is pretty much the epitome of nu metal.

It seems this argument is pretty stupid but I'm deciding to throw myself into it anyway...

Slipknot is a very loud band but really look into their music and download some of their guitar tabs if you will, it's just a lot of noise. They're definately "scenester" music, though to be honest I like one or two songs (and I mean one or two). For all of you fans of Slipknot out there that claim to like them because of how "heavy" they are I suggest The Crown "Crowned in Terror" (or the re-recorded "Crowned Unholy) album, Emperor "IX Equilibrium", Slayer "Reign in Blood" or The Haunted "rEVOLVEr" album just for starters. Apparently if you think Slipknot is so awesome you're missing out on a lot of great Melodic Death/Black metal.

I can understand getting caught up in "the scene" and all because I used to fall into that trap but you really need to branch out and get some awesome music instead of just grabbing stuff that's "cool". The albums I listed above are just a very small taste of what the real metal genre has to offer, mainly it was to appeal to people who might find Slipknot attractive.

Ok as far as nu-metal goes, Slipknot probably pisses me off alot less than alot of other bands in the genre. But I hate people who claim to be metal heads just because they listen to bands like Slipknot.

This thread has broken off into so many different debates.... I like mean and aggressive music, as long as there is talent. I think some of the members of Slipknot have talent. The fat guy beating on a drum doesn't fit the description of my previous statement, that's for sure.

Their songs are catchy, especially the new songs... but then again, everything on TRL is catchy as well, so that's not saying much as far as talent is concerned.

Write music for yourself, not for record labels or 5 million teeny boppers.

Slipknot consists of 9 men jumping around in costumes crying out 666, so the 15 year old goth kiddies that listen to Manson with be like, " He said 666! My mom doesn't like that! I love this band! "
Out of 9 members, not a hint of even potential talent. That, is pretty much the epitome of nu metal.
And a typical black metal band consists of 4 - 5 men in face paint and black clothes growling. :rolleyes: It works both ways.

What are ya all like? Christ. "Slipknot sux!" "No they dnt!".

Ok, CLOSE THIS FUCKING THREAD. I can literally predict what happens next; stupid people don't really know what metal is, and thinks it consits of four bands (Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot, Metallica), have never heard anything that does not have a music video aired on television, think they are metal experts, and piss a bunch of people off.
For the record, I think Slipknot is bearable (mainly the drummer) in extremely small doses. I would put more in my opinion, but then I'd be a hypocrite. Anyway, this is such an old thread, the information is out of date.
P.S- I am not a metal "expert" I'm here to get new bands to listen to, and learn.
-Zack

I've seen Slipknot live and they are so boring, two of the drummers do nothing except bang their heads the dj is much the same, the only one with a little tiny bit of talent is joey and even he is medicore. Slipknot write metal songs for 12 year olds, its like listening to the diary of a preteen.

Stand-Ablaze said:
And a typical black metal band consists of 4 - 5 men in face paint and black clothes growling. :rolleyes: It works both ways.

What are ya all like? Christ. "Slipknot sux!" "No they dnt!".
Obviously you don't know dick about black metal...you just put your foot in your mouth. Most black metal bands, despite the paint, CAN PLAY THEIR INSTRUMENTS....MORE THAN TWO AND A HALF CHORDS. I espescially like how all these nu-metal bands start with a power chord on the low end of the neck, and then slide down to the higher octaves, and then hit one string, and then back down, and then back up........look at how busy I "look" while playing 2 notes! Kudos to these bands, I actually have no problem with them making tons of money...it's not their fault that this country has so many idiots that can't handle anything thats above simplicity, and to have radio and tv tell them what to listen to, and watch. Don't worry it's a dying trend, just like glam metal...at least glam metal could actually play their instruments!!!

Wow, this is just freaking hilarious! I agree with the more harcore people on here that Slipnot is rather over rated and they do play alot of really close sounding riffs. But at the same time, Ive listened to alot of the dark-metal and black-metal and it sounds alot the same. I listen to a wide variety of music(anything from Rush to Godsmack to Zao to God Dethroned....basically anything except pop or rap) and as far as I can tell(also being a musician) all your harcore black-metal bands sound pretty similar to Slipnot. I dont especially like Slipnot a whole bunch, but are YOU out there makeing a whole bunch of money, makeing a living off of your music? Dont think so! I dont really care how "good" your music is you make. Obviously its not that great seeing is how your not in a band touring the world. Not a diss to any of the musicians on here, but seriously, if the stuff you do is so great, how come YOURE not Slipnots guitarist(you probably wouldnt want to be, but you see my point). I espicially think its funny all the dudes on here who dont even play music, dissing bands like they know what gos into makeing songs. SHUT UP! Jeez, alot of you dudes who claim to be so harcore are just as much a poser as Slipnot fans. Yeah, Slipnots whole get-up is a little wierd, but hey, it sells. Im not saying theyre not posers. I think they are to some extent, but they have a certain fan base, thats theyre area. Thy sell to wannabe satanists mad at their parents. Pantera sells to drugged out zombies mad at the world(Im probably gonna get hell for that remark[I loved Dimabag too guys, but they were rather stoned]). Oh well.........

WashburnSevenStringWonder said:
Wow, this is just freaking hilarious! I agree with the more harcore people on here that Slipnot is rather over rated and they do play alot of really close sounding riffs. But at the same time, Ive listened to alot of the dark-metal and black-metal and it sounds alot the same. I listen to a wide variety of music(anything from Rush to Godsmack to Zao to God Dethroned....basically anything except pop or rap) and as far as I can tell(also being a musician) all your harcore black-metal bands sound pretty similar to Slipnot. I dont especially like Slipnot a whole bunch, but are YOU out there makeing a whole bunch of money, makeing a living off of your music? Dont think so! I dont really care how "good" your music is you make. Obviously its not that great seeing is how your not in a band touring the world. Not a diss to any of the musicians on here, but seriously, if the stuff you do is so great, how come YOURE not Slipnots guitarist(you probably wouldnt want to be, but you see my point). I espicially think its funny all the dudes on here who dont even play music, dissing bands like they know what gos into makeing songs. SHUT UP! Jeez, alot of you dudes who claim to be so harcore are just as much a poser as Slipnot fans. Yeah, Slipnots whole get-up is a little wierd, but hey, it sells. Im not saying theyre not posers. I think they are to some extent, but they have a certain fan base, thats theyre area. Thy sell to wannabe satanists mad at their parents. Pantera sells to drugged out zombies mad at the world(Im probably gonna get hell for that remark[I loved Dimabag too guys, but they were rather stoned]). Oh well.........

Do you understand anything about mainstream culture and how it enslaves people, at all? That's why Slipknot exists and is so popular, not because they make good music. They sing about being low-life "dark" emo kids and play simple music that's just loud as hell. If you put them up against one of the "greats" in metal, say Morbid Angel, At the Gates, Iron Maiden, whatever, they wouldn't last a second in a talent/artistic ability contest. Making music can be a stressful experience, yes, and I know this feeling but making good music is a hell of a lot harder then doing all this bullshit that mainstream angsty teen bands do.

Perhaps the other members on here who claim to have made better music then Slipknot really have, but because they don't want to sell their souls to the teens of America and the record labels, they havn't become as "big" as bands like Slipknot.

Status
Not open for further replies.