New Sm57 in Europe?

aviel

Aug 2, 2011
Hey fellas,
after reading the Cayman sound thread with the dual 57 technique, i thought to put my hand on another 57.

Here they sell them for really high rates though, like 220$. on ebay its 100$, but the delivery will cost a lot.

i was wondering, since i gonna pass this summer in europe (paris/amsterdam) are they any big shops/online stores with good prices with deliveries to paris?

i know music 123, but it's in the USA also

thomann.de is pretty good, they deliver for free if you order for €100, and that's pretty much what a sm57 costs here new :)

http://www.thomann.de/nl/shure_sm57_lc.htm

Might want to add a microphone stand or cable, so you hit that 100 mark

I also have bought from musicstore.de in the past without issues.

For some reason, all the dutch cyberstores have always been WAY overpriced for anything I needed, but local musicshops in Amsterdam should have sm57s on hand.

PS: might want to be careful with sm57s on ebay...a LOT of fakes going around :S

^^^ Last time I checked, thomann only does free shipping from 300 and up...

Any decent shop ( in paris, there's quite a lot of them in the pigalle area) will sell one for 90 euros ( it's what I paid for mine)

Ahh well i guess i will take a trip to some stores in paris then :)
or buy a 2nd hand one.. not sure how clever it is though

If you've got the money, I'd make a 300 euro order from Thormann, and get a couple of other things you might need as well. As Nimvi said, get a stand, microphone cable and a variety of new strings or something. Unless its easier for you to make a trip to Paris.