Who lost Europe?

I don't know Wilders.... what makes him a 'cock' ? is it because he is so radical?
Nope. It's mostly because he's a populist feeding off people's fears and blowing them up to extreme proportions. I'm by no means a proponent of the cuddling-policy currently used in Belgium and the Netherlands, but Wilders has the same problem as our Flemish Block: tey stare themselves blind on one problem (immigration), but they fail to see other issues and never present any alternatives, only negativity.

And his haircut.

? If you run a country with the hopes of winning popularity contests, you are doing your citizens a disservice and should resign immediately.
And therein lies the problem. Most Western people are brainwashed (yes, that's right, brainwashed) into feeling that the most important thing a person must be is NOT RACIST. Our Christian-inspired culture (because it is, even if we're no longer Christian, we still live by those values) is based on compassion and tolerance, very positive values and all, but we all know that shit don't always fly in the real world. Because Christianity, sadly, considers weakness a virtue, and the strong (in the case of Europe and the U.S., the white majority) should give extra rights to the weak.

Unfortunately, the weak do not show gratitude for this fact (as we had so naively expected), but they think we're suckers for giving up our position of strength and letting them do whatever they want. See, the Christian value of tolerance and compassion only works when the receiving end lives by the same values, and understands the reason they are treated with privileges.

We've turned the other cheek for far too long. That much is definitely the truth.

Ben Franklin said, "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
I feel compelled to say that Mr. Franklin's quote no longer applies in our current globalized society where threats are much larger than in his day.

I feel compelled to say that Mr. Franklin's quote no longer applies in our current globalized society where threats are much larger than in his day.
id say with globalized consequences it applies even more

BUT your response to DW was awesome and very non-eurofag!!

About the essay in the first post - it's a load of bullshit, in my opinion. The FACT is that there is still one relligion that is the most popular in the western world, and that is Christianity - for better or worse.

The attacks he makes can be made on Islam can be made on any Jewish/Christian issue - fom the ancient heroes who inflicted genocide to the rising fundamentalism in certain factions.

And I also don't believe that we are the "shield" that stands between the west and the Arabic countries (operation "get behind the blackies" anyone?). All of our issues stem from our actually being here, and not us being "the only democracy in the Middle East".
The ridiculous way he dumbs down the whole conflict has also been mentioned.

It's only worrying because of rather flimsy reasons. If the Islamic faith is meant to take over the world, so be it.

Ebb and flow. Just because it's not ebbing or flowing according to your own selfish world-view doesn't mean that it's wrong.

Heh, ironically, the most racist people I've ever met are Italians. They're so racist they don't even know they're racist. It's kinda cute in a naive sort of way. They're not aggressive or anything but they go around saying "my pals" and "negro" like it's asking for a glass of water. However, they're surprisingly open to them and welcoming, which is the paradox of this entire thing. They don't mean any ill will but they're the most non-PC people I've ever met, and I'm talking about being PC when it matters. It's like subconscious racism. I had to explain to some of my friends that although you may hear "my pals" a lot in the media, it's not something that is said publicly and shouldn't really be said at all unless someone is deserving of it. They just laugh it off and shrug. I wish the rest of the world could be that comfortable in being taboo.

Hell, just look at the Prime Minister Berlusconi. He congratulated Obama and praised him for having a nice tan. Italians have no idea about context and when it should be used. They have zero filters for speech, whether it be public or private, which provides entertainment for the rest of us.

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

And his haircut.

wilders.jpg

I always knew that most (not all) of my European friends (especially the Belgian ones) are nationalists so what I get from talking to them is a lot different than talking to a level-headed person.
From my experience in Europe though, I have seen both good things and bad things about the rise of Islam in Europe, and I use the term 'good' loosely.
When it comes to religion, I don't discriminate; I hate them all. But Islam... is on the top of that hate-list.
I have muslim friends, but that religion is a disease.

Heh, ironically, the most racist people I've ever met are Italians. They're so racist they don't even know they're racist. It's kinda cute in a naive sort of way. They're not aggressive or anything but they go around saying "my pals" and "negro" like it's asking for a glass of water. However, they're surprisingly open to them and welcoming, which is the paradox of this entire thing. They don't mean any ill will but they're the most non-PC people I've ever met, and I'm talking about being PC when it matters. It's like subconscious racism. I had to explain to some of my friends that although you may hear "my pals" a lot in the media, it's not something that is said publicly and shouldn't really be said at all unless someone is deserving of it. They just laugh it off and shrug. I wish the rest of the world could be that comfortable in being taboo.

Hell, just look at the Prime Minister Berlusconi. He congratulated Obama and praised him for having a nice tan. Italians have no idea about context and when it should be used. They have zero filters for speech, whether it be public or private, which provides entertainment for the rest of us.

Hey you know what... it's the same in Islarel, and Greece and many other places... they are clueless :lol:

I think they are.
That came out wrong.... but my nationalist friends are 'extreme' (extreme Flemish proud... you know the type, Im sure)
Well, I'm a Flemish nationalist and separatist too, but that doesn't mean I didn't make that decision with a level head... Of course, if you take things to the bull-headed extreme, that's never a sign of clearheadedness, maybe that's what you meant?

...And the hearts of thousands of women everywhere could be heard being crushed at the same time.

bosnia can potentially be a problem. they have huuuuge influences from Iran, that's where they got most of their weapons during the war and even had Mujahideen warriors come to Bosnia and gain citizenship to fight with them.

there are tons of Wahabbis operating there and a lot of extremist organizations recruiting pretty freely. Bosnia is also strategically in the center of Europe, which is why problems could pop off if the level of extremists there gets critical.

just like everything though, it just those groups of extremists that give a bad rep, every muslim Bosniak I've ever met has been cool as fuck

Please don't buy anything Wilders has to say. He's pretty much a loudmouth populist who only offers problems but gives no solutions (or infeasible ones).

The problem with Muslims (as long as there is one) is as big as it was 10 years ago and can't probably be solved by anything Geert Wilders has to say. He has been compared to the likes of Hitler and such and is pretty much a first class douchebag.