Heavy Metal vs Religion, an interesting comparison

Jim LotFP said:
I don't believe any race/ethnicity is inferior to any other. It comes down to individuals. There are fucking ignorant, stupid, never-accomplish-anything white trash at the same time there are brilliant Arab or Indian or black doctors or lawyers or teachers. The mental and physical capacity is there for anyone. It comes down to the individual being aware of their situation, what they want their situation to be, and putting in the work and sacrifice to be in the situation they want.

Only players involved in nuclear research should be excluded.

True, true...and it is far-fetched when certain people mix up that whole race/culture/ethnicity-vagueness with music, or arrogate the right to themselves to be prestiged to listen to something because they have the "proper" origin - or even want to cram that great thing metal is into a racist frame.

About countries going nuclear: it is somehow justified when a country complains to not be allowed to get the knowledge by the only country that has ever used the bomb so far against humans, isn't it? Even if I am convinced that Iran wants the bomb and wants to use it...be it just to scare others, because their little, lowbrow peasant-president enjoys playing his muscles...

Occam's Razor said:
About countries going nuclear: it is somehow justified when a country complains to not be allowed to get the knowledge by the only country that has ever used the bomb so far against humans, isn't it?

If the US was the only nation expressing concern about this, I could see your point.

The US may not be the most responsible power on Earth, but it shouldn't apologize for having its status to begin with. I don't think a lot of people who enjoy what the world would look like if the US never assumed the position of a "superpower".

Ah well. Only three more years before a Democrat finally destroys America's ability to do anything, or a moderate Republican sustains the effort to shore up the collapsing structure... *sigh* I don't think the US will vote in another Bush type right away.

Jim LotFP said:
If the US was the only nation expressing concern about this, I could see your point.

Ah well. Only three more years before a Democrat finally destroys America's ability to do anything, or a moderate Republican sustains the effort to shore up the collapsing structure... *sigh* I don't think the US will vote in another Bush type right away.

Yes I agree, but it is at least not completely far-fetched to ask this. Only a country like Iran should be the last to have the right to ask why the US and not themselves can have a nuclear program.

Isn't John McCain a favourite at the moment? - I only know that Bush threw some shit on him to win the election the first time....

Nuclear Capabilities: Hiroshima and Nagasaki were pretty frightening. That's why NOBODY has used REALLY REALLY bad weapons since.

World Cup: You're talking about Soccer, which any of us Americans know is not a REAL sport anyway :D

I've made my cultural identity known here. Since my culture was NEARLY decimated by the Nazii, the Arabic Muslims, and Christians in general I earn the right to be weary of anyone showing cultural pride, or attacking based on religion.

BenMech said:
Nuclear Capabilities: Hiroshima and Nagasaki were pretty frightening. That's why NOBODY has used REALLY REALLY bad weapons since.

crossfingers that will stay so...

BenMech said:
World Cup: You're talking about Soccer, which any of us Americans know is not a REAL sport anyway :D

Nah, you cannot really insult me with that, I am no fanatic of any sports, it is just that this debate has started over here recently...

BenMech said:
I've made my cultural identity known here. Since my culture was NEARLY decimated by the Nazii, the Arabic Muslims, and Christians in general I earn the right to be weary of anyone showing cultural pride, or attacking based on religion.

It's not a right one earns, it should be normal for every thinking person to not assess people's "worth" according to their race/culture/ethnicity.
The latter two are human-made anyway and would not exists apart from the world we have made up for ourselves. "Race" is in fact biological and therefore a whim of nature. Moreover, now that genetic engineering can probably hatch people with green skin or three assholes: how can you be proud of something that can theoretically be preordained as well. The more man progresses, the less is left to coincidence. Racists want to keep up the last bit of their "excellence" - when all individuality is levelled nowadays through science and globalization - by making your origin a yardstick for either "worthy" and "inferior" life.