Heavy metal vs Christianity, Heavy metal vs Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Greys said:
Mr i'm a kvlt krieg black metaller is allergic to cats!

:lol:

ha ha

wimp

A bunch of cats are going to surround your house tonight.

you're allergic haha dickhead

Its not like its a choice you fuckhead, even still its not like im deadly allergic they just make me sneeze alot, you fucking asshole.

Susperia said:
dsc003581sg.jpg

Nice...I have the same kind of cat as you...except my cat is older, about 13 in human years.

Since this thread seems to have turned into a kitten thread, here's my kitten:

kitten1.jpg

kitten2.jpg

kitten3.jpg

She's pretty metal. In a cuddly sort of way.

^Oh she's gorgeous! She's definetly Metal too.

dsc003813my.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
My older cat who can't walk. She's a very pretty lady... It's sad she has no grace when she moves.

Odin getting a beating from my boyfriend.

I only have pictures of him when he was a real baby on this computer. He's twice the size now.

We get all our cats as strays, they just sort of come to us. We found her on the side of the road when she was about 4 weeks old. Had a terrible head infection that screwed up permanently the balance in her inner ear. So when she walks she constantly falls over.

It's actually really depressing, but you can't help but laugh at her sometimes because she looks so drunk.

It's funny how christians will use satanic killings against metal... but christians will not even talk about their crusades in their own sanctuary.

If one person kills someone metal is evil, but if a religious group kills people in the name of god it's ok in their eyes. All religions are like this.

What's the difference in satanic cults killing people or christians killing,etc... why is one right and one wrong.

There are 1 billion christians in the world. What you are talking about is a one sect of christians. Not all christains are like this. What you are doing is making a generalization. I am a catholic and i openlly talk about the crusades being bullshit.

For those who blame the relgion for wrong doings think about what you say. Blame people not a relgion.

I'm surprised no one brings up The Monolith Deathcult, who gained some notoriety for their feud with the morons at Metalheads Against Racism a few years back.

They conspire in their caves in their envious world of emptiness
Preparing for Jihad to obey their desert god
They murder for belief to deflower 70 virgins
These "brave" Mudjahedeen brought Gaza in darknesss
Their God is a worm baptised in the blood of the prophet
On the hills of mount Sinai we meet in Armageddon
The laws of the Sharia will not impress upon us
Your holy army, blotted out, pounded into sand
In the napalm sea, the suns of Ismael bathe in flames
Is this the prophet's breed? Headless corpses return to dust
They have defiled our graves, their punishment will be endless
Our blistering napalm rain wipes them from the face of the earth
We desecrate the black stone
Slayer of Jihad
We do not obey their wretched desert God
We are impure
We are unrepentant, your final blasphemers
We distort your image of God
The walls of Jericho will fall again
We root out the seeds of the Mudjahedeen
The golden dome shall return to sand
"The blood of your forefathers shall be shed on mount Arafat
The bastard sons of Abraham shall never rise up again"
The laws of the Sharia will not impress upon us
Your holy army, blotted out pounded into sand
The pest of Arabia shall not overwhelm us
Their lustful prophet desecrates the innocent virginal skin
In my dreams I go back to the forest of flesh
Where the Ottomans lay slain before the cathedral of death
The sacred black stone, the black seeds of Jihad
We blaspheme in the presence of their backward desert God
Impalement is delightful, let us urinate on foes
We hammer the stake through the back of their throats
Face the flesh horizon, destructor, misantrophe
The corpses of the impaled Turks penetrate your hopes
They have defiled our graves, their punishment will be endless
Our blistering napalm rain wipes them from the face of the earth
We desecrate the black stone
Slayer of Jihad

In addition to that, much NSBM or nationalist metal (anything with an anti-immigration message, really) could be construed as being anti-Muslim. I think metal in general has more of a problem with the actions of Muslims, as opposed to Christianity where the ideas are being attacked. Without the immigration of Muslims into the west and the tension that results I think the amount of anti-Muslim metal would be even smaller.

1- Do you believe that your religion is a choice you make?
Ultimately yes, however some religions are harder to get out of than others, while others are impossible to get into.

2. Do heavy metal bands target Christianity because they mean it, or just because they can?

Some do and have done it for shock value, although even the ones that do it because of the metal tradition have some level of honesty to it. Christian metalheads (and sympathizers) tend to paint anti-Christian metal as a joke or insincere, basically to resolve cognitive dissonance I imagine ("They don't *really* hate me and my religion" or "They only hate my religion because they don't understand it, if they got to know it better they would realize that their arguments are wrong").

3. Do you think the criticisms usually leveled at Christianity by heavy metal bands also apply to Islam?
No, Islam has not been a major force in the history of the western world and the historical and cultural differences are vast.

4. Given current world events and how they are affecting especially metal-prolific Scandinavian countries, do you expect more anti-Islam themed band names, album names, and song titles?
Absolutely, especially out of the NSBM scene. As Muslim immigration to western nations increases and cultural tensions rise (witness the recent events in France, for example) anti-Muslim and anti-Arab sentiments are likely to grow. I think this will be seen outside of metal in punk and rock music as well.

7. Do you think Century Media or The End Records would sign and release albums by a band called Rotting Mohammed?

If the profits to be had outweighed the potential repercussions, certainly.

Christianity/Islam has a lot to answer for. It is a human invention by the powers that be to control the regular people. There is nothing wrong with being spiritual if thats your bag, but bashing people over the head with 'teachings' is simply a means to control. ie 'you do this' but 'dont do that'.
I mean Christians will fight over how Jesus farted if they could, "well in my bible he farted like this" , "well in mine it does'nt say that" , "You will die for saying that" = WAR.

On a lighter note even if it sucks ass, some bands have written top albums on the back of it so maybe we should thank them:)

Status
Not open for further replies.