Some good classic American Power Metal

So rad!!! The solos on this EP scorch!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBaNi1AnEh0&feature=related[/ame]

Proggier and thrashier than above.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoYKAGsOtCo&feature=related[/ame]

Badass

Man I forgot how good this album is

Last edited by a moderator:
ive always enjoyed Impending Doom their first album Nailed Dead Risen is still one of the heaviest things ive ever heard

Those Haven songs are actually pretty good. I'm always hesitant to explore Christian power/"prog" since most of it is poor Queensryche imitation, but those songs had goodly amounts of edge alongside the white collar USPM. Thanks for posting them.

Just because Sabbath had a song about preachers, religion and what not makes them a Christian band? Bullshit... lmfao.

And whoever said Realm was a Christian band... what? News to me.

@HamburgerBoy - np. Yeah, Haven are pretty good. The first album was good, but more straigh forward. The second album has heavier and more progressive songs, and some really cool haunting atmosphere here and there, but oddly also has some more mellow and seemingly generic stuff.

@CG
I agree. To me, for something to be labeled a "Christian band", I expect most of the members are somewhat actively following Christianity, and that most of the lyrics, whether motivated by evangelism, or just by writing about life from that point of view, are from a Christian perspective of some sort.

Things from the Christian religion were used in Sabbath songs, and subsequently, especially in the earlier days, a lot of classic doom bands used Christian themes here and there, but that did not make them a "Christian band". Trouble, Revelation, Solitude Aeturnus, Candlemass, etc. Other bands also borrow imagery or stories. Even Maiden and Metallica.

Interesting. One of my "specialties". ;)

Believer. One hell of a band (pun intended). Very technical music-wise and not too preachy.

Betrayal. As mentioned before. Nothing but good old fashioned thrash metal.

Bride. Maybe not tru metal, but definitely hard/heavy rock. Although their middle release (Drop .. etc) leave much to be wished upon. They are a bit preachy at times.

Crystavox. Excellent Areosmithy type of music. Good lyrics to boot.

Deliverance. First to mention them? Odd at that. They've been around for 3 decades.

Demon Hunter. Sraight ahead metal.

Die Happy. Member of Vengence (rising) with a fantastic singer. Not Metal in the tru sense but darn close. Not too preachy either.

Dighayzoose. This is a strange band. Akin to Pearl Jam and Soundgarden with a twist. They never really got off the ground, which was too bad. I liked them.

Galactic Cowboys. Again, first mention? Excellent hard rock/light metal with crazy vocal harmonies. One of their anti-abortion vids was on eMTpVy.

Haven. As mentioned, very technical and tight music. They came out a little too early in the metal scene, IMO. Never got the recognition they deserved.

Holy Soldier. Another Areosmithy type of band. Their Last Train album is one of my top faves.

King's X. Hello?? Maybe not metal metal, but damn close at times. Great riffs and tight harmonies. I would have loved to see these guys and Galactic Cowboys on the same stage.

Magdallan. A who's who in Christian metal. Good super group with some astonshing music.

Mortification. Mentioned above I believe. Great stuff. Been a long-time fan.

Opeth. Just kidding. Threw that in to see if you were paying attention.

Petra. C'mon. They had some good stuff before Metal took over.

Phil Keaggy. Ok, not metal. But I have to include him so you guys can look him up and have a listen. You'll love him.

Precious Death. One hell of a debut album. The singer is amazing. The music is very tight and technical and not too preachy.

Saviour Machine. (their debut album cover is one of my tattoos). Great theatrical doom music. Not too metal, but worthy of mention. Can get preachy at times. But if you don't mind it, worth a listen.

Tourniquet. Mentioned already, but worth another one. Although I think they've gone downhill a bit with the new singer. MHaRD is a good comeback album.

Veni Domine. LOVE these guys. I would really enjoy seeing them live.

I didnt listen Christian metal at all.someone tell that its a sub-genre of metal or just just a lyrical genre?
If u know good christian bands share it with me!

Personally, one of my favorites, but this is just one song that I like from Extol, they do have alot more better ones than this also. I just say check 'em out and if you don't like no biggy!