Christian metal you like

RedFox742

Power/Prog Devotee
Apr 9, 2008
www.pantheracomic.com
I'm not a hugely religious person myself--I don't care too much one way or another, and people yelling about how much they do (one way or another) tends to annoy me.

But I am interested in the phenomenon of Christian metal, proclaiming a message of respect, deference, and redemption through Christ at supersonic volumes. I've always liked contrast, I guess.

Anyways, are there any Christian metal bands you like? And not just Christians in metal (Mustaine, McBrain, Kursch, Araya, etc.) but bands that actively proclaim, in one way or another, faith in Christ.

Theocracy is my fav. They write damn good lyrics no matter what your beliefs about the supernatural, or lack thereof.

(I'd prefer to keep this topic free of arguing about religion, although that's probably a pipe dream.)

Tourniquet. Trying to remember some others, but I generally don't give a shit either way, as long as it's not overbearingly preachy. Christian themes are fine, sermons are not.

Believer, Realm, and Trouble are all awesome. Sabbath obviously too if they count.

Um...(shameless plug), my project in my sig is sorta Christian. I mean its not all preachy or anything, but the lyrics are written by a Christian (me) so I guess the worldview naturally comes out that way. For example, if you read the lyrics for the upcoming EP in one of the blog posts you wouldn't necessarily know that there Christian-influenced at all but theres definitely a hint of Jesus there :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not up to speed on modern Christian metal... but there are several oldschool bands that kickass.

Deliverance were awesome for their first 5 discs. Some of the tightest thrash riffage going.
Early Tourniquet were great.
Early Living Sacrifice were really good... especially their first album... total Slayer worship.
Saviour Machine were awesome... though I guess they aren't strictly metal.
The first Paramaecium album was really good.
Believer was great.
Early Mortification was pretty good.
Early Trouble were good.
Hmmmm... that's all I can think of right now.

Discarnated were a pretty good Christian dm band from the early 90s. I picked up their cd a while back and had no idea they were Christian. I just thought the album cover looked cool so I bought it on an impulse. The production on their album is kind of crap, but the music is cool.

This is the only song of theirs I could find on youtube. There are better ones on the album.

Last edited by a moderator:
2d1uz6f.png

Really Black Sabbath can be labeled as a christian metal band? if so, BLACK FUCKING SABBATH. And I don't give a shit to religion, but there are a lot of anti christian metal bands out there that I like.