New song "Day After Day" from Triton : Rate plz!

elyptic

May 6, 2009
Toronto
www.tritonmusic.ca
Hi again guys, I've got a new track put together this one's a little more doom/groove style metal. I've got 2x 8505's and 2x Wagner Sharps in this one instead of the 7170s from last time.

Please let me know what you think of the tone and mix!

Day After Day

Thanks,
Chris

I like the guitar tone, fits the music perfectly. Mix sounds great too, but if I'm not hearing wrong there is a tiny bit of clipping when the solo starts(or maybe it's just the soundclick player).

But overall very good!

Not a fan of the tone for that music. It is too tight.processed sounding. For that type of music you need vibe, speaker distortion, cranked amps and not as close micd to hear the room etc.

Well done! You made it sound "too good". haha.

Vocals were a little forced too. If he laid back a little and not sung Het style they could really be on to something.

Great stuff, but the whole shebang needs to loosen up and get groovy. IMO

Thanks for your responses guys. I do hear a little bit of fuzz in the mix at the beginning of the solo, I'm going to try to isolate it and snuff it out :) Thanks for the crit too thefyn, though in the context of the demo I think the style will be just different enough for some good contrast without sounding like a different band. It's the slowest track of them all, so yeah maybe messing it up a bit more is a thing to think about, good point. I also want to even out the cymbals a bit more, I find the ride crashes a bit distracting now that I've listened to it more, and maybe relax the compression a bit too.

Thanks again!

Hey guys I remixed the track again, dumping a few compressors along the way and fixing some cymbals, it definitely sounds better now. I've replaced the track on Soundclick, so please give it a listen if you have a minute :)

Thanks,
Chris