New ambient metal groove song (need opinions on song and mix PLEASE!)

guitarplaya18

Dec 25, 2009
Hey! Just threw together this song and I am looking for opinions on the song more than the mix (which is no where near done at the moment haha). Not sure how to describe it, sort of an ambient,metal, grooving song. One thing I need help with is a nice bass tone for this. Something that will stick out but is not overpowering. this is one of the first songs where the bass is actually doing something instead of just following the guitar the entire time. So if any of you have any tips or ideas for parts to add, please let me know. hell, if you got something you think you might want to record for it, go for it!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7077365/Latin 8.mp3

Not a fan of the snare, but otherwise has a good post-rock/post-hardcore vibe and sound to it... kinda in the vein of Rosetta or Russian Circles. I like :)

appreciate it! and yea I need to change the snare haha, it is just standard superior right now, haven't really messed with too much

I really love this a ton, super good song writing, guitar tones are pretty spot on from how they need to sound, the only thing like you said that snare needs changed lol, other then that great work.

What are you using for bass right now? I always like a bass with a bit more grind in this type of music. Just my taste personally though. Not sure about anyone else.

Thanks James! Right now the I have a bass track that is being processed with pod farm and also the a bass track that is just the DI running to a bass buss. As I said, this is the first time I am actually trying to get a nice bass sound. Usually I just throw pod farm on and have the bass fill the low end for some of the other stuff I've done.